Thread: Supra Thrusters

Default Supra Thrusters

Hey All, I have a 21 SL and absolutely love it. Would love to buy a new one every year, but that isn't realistic. My 21 did not come with the thruster option, and when I asked the dealer if it could be added they said no-simply wasn't feasible. Not sure what they meant by that, but am thinking there must be a way to do it post manufacture. Have any of you heard anything? Not interested in after market thrusters only the Supra design with integrated knob control. Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

The supra system dual thruster system is coming out aftermarket in the next few weeks just hang tight!
    2020 Supra SA

any word if the aftermarket kit will have the twist throttle knob?

BTW......when docking now, I am perfectly in sync with the thrusters, it is like a zen experience......namaste.

I really don’t need much thruster input docking but those quick bursts make it so nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

That's great! I would use the thruster when docking for sure. If there is little wind I wouldn't need them or want them. But, we had 2 days of solid winds recently and even in our sheltered marina the boat gets swept just enough to make docking a little more stressful than needed. Having a quick thruster bump would help for sure. Wife would feel way more comfortable as well when she is driving.

Even loading the boat...we have to come into the trailer at nearly 90 degrees and then turn the boat once the starboard side of bow contacts the trailer upright. We manage to do it, but it would be cleaner with a thruster!

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Should be available for moombas too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Is this going to be through SC or strictly after market?
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    Is this going to be through SC or strictly after market?
    Not sure how they are doing dealer network stuff. Hopefully aftermarket for the DIY crowd.
    2020 Supra SA

Quote Originally Posted by SONIC View Post
    Not sure how they are doing dealer network stuff. Hopefully aftermarket for the DIY crowd.
    dealers have month waits in some/most areas. can't imagine that skiers would want to release something dealer-install only for those to find out it's months to install. I can see you coming in to get installed and dealer moves you to the "head of the line" as profits are better than some warranty work
    but look at ford/chevy/dodge and the factory aftermarket stuff they sell. warranty only if installed by dealer and since this will likely mean drilling a hole in the transom......
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Super interested in this for my Makai. I've gotten pricing from ezthruster and am very interested in this. Especially if the twist top throttle is an option.
    2021 Moomba Makai
    Minnesota