Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Quote Originally Posted by jclay5 View Post
    Ok I might be dumb.... but what does .89cf mean? cubic feet?
    Exactly. Doesn't have to be exact but that's the magic number Polk wants to see. Here's a great audio site and their calculators; http://www.bcae1.com/spboxnew2.htm
    2007 Mobius LSV

Razz:
    I have an 02 LSV and want to install a 10" in the kick plate area.
    I'm only 5'10" and feel as though I could create a sealed enclosure between the kick-plate and my feet that meets the .75cf min. volume. If I am not mistaken, is this your plan as well. Have you built it yet??
    I would love to see pics if you've got-em.

Also, I was thinking of an easier method. Take a look at the JL in the truck-box shown in the attachment. I have never seen anything like it. The box seems to be reversed. I was thinking of turning it upside down, sliding it up against the kick plate and fastening it down. It seems to be all there, with no custom box-building effort.

Am I missing something here??

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...0RG-W1v2.html#

Your pretty much on the money, that's one of the designs i've come up with. I have a couple others i'm playing with as well. My current sub sits atop the footrest and fires directly at the side of the boat, probably best way as it disperses the sound around the boat. Still playing with ideas.
    2007 Mobius LSV

My 06 LSV didn't come with a sub in the kickplate, so I cut the hole. Assumed this was solid wood, but found it was thin fiberglass. I get way too much rattle. I am looking for way to solidify the sub. Any suggestions? Also, my boat I am adding a second amp. I am thinking I will add a board to the inside wall next to the batteries. Anyone done this? what type of wood and adhesive would work for this application?

Default I did it!

Ok....I bought the JL in the rear-firing "truck box." Sounds sweet with the Kicker zx700.5 and the 6-new polk db651's!
    Fits in there quite nicely, turned upside-down. I'm still trying to iron out the best way to fasten it to the kick plate. Ok....it's never gonna be perfect like some of these custom boxes that i've seen on this board, but it was built and tuned by JL and sound very good. If placed in the center of the kick plate, it leaves a small amount of space on either side to sneak your feet by. I am 5-10" and do not think that the loss of leg room, even without sneaking your feet into the sides, is a big issue. I am also considering raising the box about 4-inches off the floor. Still rests nicely up against the kick plate and increases foot space a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by GoBucks View Post
    My 06 LSV didn't come with a sub in the kickplate, so I cut the hole. Assumed this was solid wood, but found it was thin fiberglass. I get way too much rattle. I am looking for way to solidify the sub. Any suggestions? Also, my boat I am adding a second amp. I am thinking I will add a board to the inside wall next to the batteries. Anyone done this? what type of wood and adhesive would work for this application?
    Do a search for threads on user Newty, you'll see what he did to install in the footrest. While his solution may not be yours, you might get ideas.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Schneider View Post
    Ok....I bought the JL in the rear-firing "truck box." Sounds sweet with the Kicker zx700.5 and the 6-new polk db651's!
    Fits in there quite nicely, turned upside-down. I'm still trying to iron out the best way to fasten it to the kick plate. Ok....it's never gonna be perfect like some of these custom boxes that i've seen on this board, but it was built and tuned by JL and sound very good. If placed in the center of the kick plate, it leaves a small amount of space on either side to sneak your feet by. I am 5-10" and do not think that the loss of leg room, even without sneaking your feet into the sides, is a big issue. I am also considering raising the box about 4-inches off the floor. Still rests nicely up against the kick plate and increases foot space a bit.
    It's heavy and it's going to move so i'd either attach screws through the sub opening in the back of box into the footrest or use some L-angle brackets or such.
    2007 Mobius LSV

Talking Sub in kickplate

OK...
    So its upside-down and backwards and I meant to do it that way
    Removed the woofer and fastened it with 5-lag bolts to the kick plate. Replaced the woofer in upright position as it was upside down otherwise. Fastened a custom fit block between the floor and the JL-box for additional vertical support. You're right Razz, it is a heavy box, especially when your hitting some rollers. I think it's in there pretty good and it was pretty easy. Still sounds sweet. Done for now
    Thanks for the feedback!

See the box I used here:
    http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...10RG-W1v2.html
    Attached Images Attached Images
    SCHNEIDER
    2002 MOBIUS LSV - RED
    FACTORY BALLAST - KICKER ZX-700.5 - 10" JL - POLK DB651's - FUSION TOWER SPEAKERS

There ya go! I had one secured in one of my old boats via a HD rubber bungee, worked just fine! You might want to put a grill on that sucker if your "dogs" are that close!
    2007 Mobius LSV