Default Adding a 12 Volt outlet the easy way

Thought I would share this with the forum. I wanted to install a 12 volt outlet somewhere in the rear of my 2006 Mobius LSV because when I air up our tube, I usually do it on the sun pad and the cord for the pump just barely reaches the 12 volt outlet on the dash (I know, you don't buy an inboard to pull tubes but hey, the kids love to tube). I found that an easy way to do this is to replace the light pole receptacle on the starboard side gunwale with a 12V outlet made by Seadog. On boats that came from the factory with a tower, our rear light is on top of the tower so this plug is not used. I only had to drill one hole to install the Seadog as one of the existing holes lined up. Also, the wiring is already there, complete with terminal connectors.

Only catch is you have to turn on the light switch on the dash to energize the outlet, but that's no big deal.

See below for install pics.

Hope that helps someone.

Al

Below is the light pole receptacle (in the open position) that came with the boat.

Below is a pic from underneath. Note that the wiring with terminal connectors are already there from the factory but it's not hooked up to the receptacle.

Below is a pic of the Seadog 12 volt plug. $5 at the boat shop.

Below is a pic of it installed. I only had to drill one hole as the other hole lined up with one of the existing ones. The cap fits snug and keeps water out.

Below is a pic from underneath. I checked with a multimeter to confirm that the black wire is negative. That's all there is to it!
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Sweet Idea

I carry a portable 12v to 110v inverter around on me OB. Just in case someone's got a blender and wants to mix up some 'ritas'
    :P
    B