Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I thought it could be the fuel pump, except the boat starts cold. Plus it only has 75 hours

Thanks for scoop. Do you have to do this wet towel treatment all the time, or is vapor lock just a temporary thing? I'm going to spray carburetor cleaner in it next.

Cigars, isn't this your first summer in the South?
    Jeff

2012 Outback V

I have not tried the wet towel thing, I have just used cold water on the fuel pump, left the hatch open and ran the blower. The other thing I did was to check other lines running near the fuel pump. In my case I had two hot lines touching it, an oil line and a water line. Just used zip ties to at least give it a little space. Only had it out once since that change and did not have any issues even after running it hard.
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig

Default Boat won't start, sometimes...

Quote Originally Posted by tarheelskier View Post
    Cigars, isn't this your first summer in the South?
    Yes it is. But I came from jersey where it was regularly in the 90's in the summer if that's where you are going with your question.

Lori, from what I have read it's really varied. Everyone's experience with VL seems to be different. My boat only has 155 hrs on it. Do a search for VL on here and in google and you'll see how prevalent it is but how varied the experiences of when it happens are.

These boats really should have an inline fuel pump in the gas tank is what I keep reading as the real fix.
    2008 Supra 21V-Currently For Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Cigars n scotch View Post
    These boats really should have an inline fuel pump in the gas tank is what I keep reading as the real fix.
    Not sure what model year they started that, but I know my '13 has the fuel pump in the tank.
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

Default Boat won't start, sometimes...

Quote Originally Posted by mikenehrkorn View Post
    Not sure what model year they started that, but I know my '13 has the fuel pump in the tank.
    Yeah I did hear people say the newer models do, SC probably started it in '09 right after my model year which is '08 LOL!
    2008 Supra 21V-Currently For Sale