Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Default 08 gravity 3 upgrade

Started with a little bench testing the factory system

this system put out about 6.6 gpm or would take about 7.5 minutes to fill a 400lb bag up, or about 15 minutes to fill a 750lb bag.

then there is another 400 lb bag waiting to be filled so what is that like a half hour to fill everything up.

I just dont have the patience for this
    Last edited by moombadaze; 12-24-2009 at 09:47 PM.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

next up using the factory pump with 1" hose and no valves

my garden hose could not keep up with it so i had to fill up a big bag and use that as my lake. this was running at about 19.3 gpm or would take just under 3 minutes to fill a 400lb bag up. and figure it would take just under 5 minutes to fill a 750lb bag.

next up -using 2 800 gph tsunami pups tee'ing off a single intake--this is using all 3/4" hose.

Edit: this is putting out about 15gpm for both filling into the same bag--figure each pump at about 7.5gpm

final test

this is 2 800gph tsunamis fill into one 1" hose, this was running about 12.5 gpm or would take about 3.3 minutes to fill the 400lb bag.
    Last edited by moombadaze; 12-25-2009 at 10:05 AM.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

now some trial fitting

factory pump inplace and seeing how a new intake with 2 pumps fit on the drivers side of the vdrive

seeing how the other pumps will fit on the other side of the v drive
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold

hole for new intake on the drivers side

hole for new intake on the passenger side

sticking the thru hull in to see how it fits

much easier to stick in from inside the boat for this trial fit--this is what the under side of the thru hull looks like
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold

drivers side thru hull coming up and in

just have to put the nut on and let it sit for a couple weeks and let the sealant dry

passenger side thru hull coming up and in

more pictures to come....
    Last edited by moombadaze; 12-24-2009 at 09:41 PM.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold

how this is all working,

The original factory rule pump is filling my surf bag 750 lb.

2 of the tsunami pumps will be filling the front locker bag and the bag under the passenger seat where the cooler used to be.

the other 2 tsunami pumps that are going into a single hose will also be used for filling the surf bag thru the vent port-these are on a seperate switch and the hose will have a quick disconnect if the bag needs burbing.

hope it all works.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold

Whaa! This is great documentation! Thanks for taking the time to post it.

I am surprised to see that the two pumps going into 1" hose went faster than the two 3/4" hoses. I would have assumed that putting two outputs into one would have created some backpressure or turbulence to make it sub-optimal. Say, did you think to do the 2nd-last experiment with two 1" hoses instead of 3/4"?

What intakes are you using thru the hull and are they 3/4" or 1" inside diameter? Is the factory intake 1" inside diameter? Reason I ask is that you mentioned factory pump with 1" diameter hose...wasn't sure if you were referring to inside or outside diameter.
    Last edited by you da man; 12-25-2009 at 05:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Brantford View Post
    I am surprised to see that the two pumps going into 1" hose went faster than the two 3/4" hoses. I would have assumed that putting two outputs into one would have created some backpressure or turbulence to make it sub-optimal. Say, did you think to do the 2nd-last experiment with two 1" hoses instead of 3/4"?
    Ian you were correct about the flow-I made a edit to it. I was just using all the hose that I had-didnt want to go out and buy more.

I may do away with the 2 pumps into the one hose, but since i had them figured i would give it a try-once i can do a actuall lake test i may give a try with just one pump and one hose-it will be very easy to try
    Last edited by moombadaze; 12-25-2009 at 10:16 AM.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold

Quote Originally Posted by you da man View Post
    What intakes are you using thru the hull and are they 3/4" or 1" inside diameter? Is the factory intake 1" inside diameter? Reason I ask is that you mentioned factory pump with 1" diameter hose...wasn't sure if you were referring to inside or outside diameter.

Using all 3/4 " inside diameter thru hulls-much easier for the pumps to screw into it that way. Using 1" would require adapters for all the pump intakes.

The factory pump uses a 3/4" inside thru hull and then the output hose is 1" inside diameter. -strange, but again i am just reusing as much as possible and try and shorten the fill time.
    Last edited by moombadaze; 12-25-2009 at 10:18 AM.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold