Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thanks for the continued comments. Is "Sight Unseen" purchase common/prevalent in boating circles? I think just generally we've steered away from that as it is a venture into the unknown. Would love to hear other experiences good, bad, or indifferent

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    And it's my wife's favorite place to chill out on the boat. Flip up backrests and all. Plus the flip up backrest makes an instant wind screen. It's great having that extra rear facing seat next to the driver too. I can't say enough good things about playpen bows vs a useless walkway..
    Secondededed.

That separation has such a unique quality. It's like splitting the boat in half for 2 groups of people to enjoy. My wife loves this aspect as well.
    ‘22 Makai
    '06 Gravity XLV -sold
    https://www.youtube.com/GreaseMonkeyTV

Forgive my ignorance, why does the bow filler cushion not accomplish the same purpose? Walkway when you want it and playpen when looking to lounge? Seems like that would be preferable option? I know storage was mentioned as key to that as well, is that the main difference? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman1 View Post
    Fantastic advice! Thanks everyone. In response to some previous questions

1) We've been looking at Mondo & Craz. Our lake is smaller (Approx 300 acres) so not a lot of big boats. Problem is, at our price point ($55-$65K) there are just not a lot of Craz popping up on the market. So we've been focused more on the Mondo with eyes on NXT and also A20.

2) Playpen- Our old boat (ancient invader RIP) had the walk through and I think this is just a matter of "scared of change" and fact that we will have multiple people sitting up there most of the time. With walk through, that seems like a 3 person area but with playpen more like 2.

Thanks for the advice everyone. I'm soaking this all up!
    I’d stay away from the nxt there’s a reason there is a ton of em used out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Mojo
    2005 Yamaha at-230 sold
    2012 Ram 2500 tow rig

^ this...

I have had walk up bow's in the first 2 boats. current has playpen and I hate it. harder than heck to get up front to launch/retrieve the boat on the winch and we don't roll with large enough crews that anyone is ever up front. it really makes it a pita to crawl over cushions to get up front. all my .02 tho.... when i sold the last boat the bow filler cushion was still in the original plastic bag from shipping.

I sold my second boat to a guy over the internet sight unseen and he never inspected. bought the current boat sight unseen other than an quick inspection.
    have also bought and sold cars this way.
    you get a sense of the integrity of the person on the phone and I have not ever had a bad experience buying/selling but some others will speak differently.

buyer beware and do any due diligence prior to buying....
    Last edited by sandm; 05-08-2019 at 04:51 PM.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman1 View Post
    Forgive my ignorance, why does the bow filler cushion not accomplish the same purpose? Walkway when you want it and playpen when looking to lounge? Seems like that would be preferable option? I know storage was mentioned as key to that as well, is that the main difference? Thanks!
    (besides the storage)
    Playpen's will have a cushion that flips up and completely closes off the front seating area. This functionally accomplishes adding one more backrest up front & separates the passengers in front of the windshield from the rest of the boat.

We take our kids, they bring friends. 16 year old daughter & friends DO NOT want to be around 14 year old son & friends. Big plus here for us.

As mentioned, if it's cold out, you close the glass, flip up the front cushion & you get a much warmer midship. Also mentioned, an additional rear observation seat next to the driver when you flip up the interior back rest cushion.
    ‘22 Makai
    '06 Gravity XLV -sold
    https://www.youtube.com/GreaseMonkeyTV

Quote Originally Posted by Edo88 View Post
    I’d stay away from the nxt there’s a reason there is a ton of em used out there.

What's the reason? I've heard the need more weight, but that is like any other builder.

I figure it's a starter-boat to get the person hooked on the MC brand, then spend more $$ with an upgrade.

A 20-footer has a limit on how 'good' the surf wake will get. Any brand.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

I had been looking for 3 years to find the right boat. All I can say is be patient as hard as it is. The right deal will come about in due time. My wife and I just purchased our first boat, 2018 moomba Craz with 3hours on it for 68k. It came equipped with 900# bags in each rear and then the 500# bow bag and the G6 pump upgrade. We’re no professionals by any means but let me tell you it throws more than enough of a wave with just the wife and I in boat. Eventually we may add weight as our skills grow but for the first time/average surfer stock will do just fine for a season or two. In my opinion, go for the boat with the options that will suit you and your family the best even if it’s slightly over your price range you’ll be happier in the long run.

2018 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    What's the reason? I've heard the need more weight, but that is like any other builder.

I figure it's a starter-boat to get the person hooked on the MC brand, then spend more $$ with an upgrade.

A 20-footer has a limit on how 'good' the surf wake will get. Any brand.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    Everything needs more weight lol. But his price point up too 65k he can find a nxt-22 all day long. He can also find a mojo it’ll be a harder find but doable

2015 Mojo
    2005 Yamaha at-230 sold
    2012 Ram 2500 tow rig

I’m sure if someone was to wheel and deal they could probably get this for 65k if they like the color. I’m a firm believer in buy what you want and don’t settle guess nxt in my opinion would be settling

2015 Mojo
    2005 Yamaha at-230 sold
    2012 Ram 2500 tow rig