Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

How about a follow up on how you guys like your new boards?

I'm in the market for a new board sometime before too long. Thinking long and hard about a P5 Trident. Borrowed one for one ride and absolutely loved it. Talked to the designer at an inwater boat show last weekend and he explained the updates this year. My only issue is I don't know how much I would like some of the others, like the Soulcraft, Triple XXX, Inland Surfer. I've thought about an IS Red Rocket. I'm about 5'10, fluctuate between 180 and 195. Anyone have an idea how the Trident compares to the Red Rocket or some of these other boards you're discussing?

I have two Shapiro boards currently, the big 5'6" Mauka and a smaller, thinner one. Both have had to be repaired. In fact, about to fix the Mauka, a nasty break in the nose caused by slamming it into the boat. First time for that, not pretty.

The P5 and Soulcraft surf-style boards are both great, but worlds apart, so kinda hard to compare. The P5 Trident would also be a lot different than the Red Rocket and it depends on which Triple X you're looking at.

Narrow it down a bit (if you can) to surf or skim style.

Have 2 XXX's and like them, especialy for the price

Have 2 prototype Lakewakes and like them too, the builder has a full time job and the board building is a side buisiness and has had problems delivering ordered boards in the past. group buys that have been cancelled after taking deposits.

have 2 hypelites, like them for being beginer boards

my .02
    Last edited by moombadaze; 06-05-2013 at 04:59 PM.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

To be honest, I'm not sure I understand the difference between skim and surf style. I have a Shapiro Mauka, which is a long (5'6"), relatively thick board, and a Shapiro Release, which is much thinner and 4'9". I think the Release is skim and I"m guessing the Mauka is surf, but I don't really know that.

I thought the Trident was a skim board, but I'm not sure of that. How does the Trident differ from Red Rocket?

Quote Originally Posted by volfo View Post
    To be honest, I'm not sure I understand the difference between skim and surf style. I have a Shapiro Mauka, which is a long (5'6"), relatively thick board, and a Shapiro Release, which is much thinner and 4'9". I think the Release is skim and I"m guessing the Mauka is surf, but I don't really know that.

I thought the Trident was a skim board, but I'm not sure of that. How does the Trident differ from Red Rocket?
    The most notable feature difference is the FIN size, small shallow fins of only 1 inch hieght is used for skim, Surf style is normally 2-4 inch tall fins.

They come in all sizes, and amounts on the boards but thats the fastest way to tell your average skim and surf board differences.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I have not been to this site for awhile as we have been busy getting a Surf Demo business up and going. In addition we traded off our Moomba for a 2013 Tige RZR. I had some time while at work today and thought I would pop in and see what is going on in the world of Moomba. We are also demoing some surfboards with a gentleman on Sunday that just purchased a 2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 so I thought I would scope out what you guys are doing for weight and ballast settings for the Mojo before I climb in his boat.
    Last edited by kaneboats; 06-21-2013 at 03:24 PM.
    2013 Tige RZR w/ConvexVX, WetSounds Rev10s, 6x650s, Syn4 and Syn6 amps.
    Surf Quiver 4x Brigade Wakesurfing Surf Boards- Aviator, Zulu, .352 Special, Bomber
    Victoria Skim 2xGremlins, 2x Agents, 1 Factor, 1 Pixie Bri Chmel Pro Model

To follow up with my previous post and my apologies again Kane We ride Victoria Skims and Brigade Wakesurfing surf style boards on our boat. I took a recommendation from Mitch at CMS about Victoria last year and fell in love. Super fast, and so much fun. Here are a couple of videos of my wife and I on Victoria Skims. I am riding the Agent and my Wife is riding the Pixie, Bri Chmels Pro Model.
    Surf Quiver 4x Brigade Wakesurfing Surf Boards- Aviator, Zulu, .352 Special, Bomber

I am an ocean surfer since age 8 and I gotta say though that I love the surf style over the skim style by preference but will always ride a skim for a while on any given session.

Here I am riding a Brigade Wakesurfing Bomber. It is a board rated up to 250lbs. We just got three more boards in this week, Aviator=Grom size, Zulu=90-160lbs, .352 Special=120-200lb and is also Aaron Witheralls Competition board for Open Surf Class.

I am a firm believer in you get what you pay for however with that being said the Victoria Skims are a phenomenal value. They are priced like your sports store branded LF, Ronix, HyperLite but ride so much better. In addition we are a firm believer in getting your self into a board that you can grow into and not wasting money on the starter boards if you will. Because eventually you will want a faster board and you will grow out of a beginner style board.

That skim looked like it had some fun to it.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!