Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default rev10's on a 2012 mojo

Not sure, but I think they have used a tower like that for a few yrs now.

Quote Originally Posted by pdx 12mojo View Post
    Yup, im from portland and got it from aws. Its the black and white one they used on there lake for the ski school. It was the only one they had left for the year.

Thats alot of speakers you have on that tower. It must really scream!!! Is your tower the same height as mine? Im pretty sure I would knock myself out daily trying to walk under those suckers.
    Sweet i know the boat your talking about, was curious who got it. Yes you would rack your noggin on mine as well but its the closest to 10s on a mojo right now. I left the center open for walk way access, yes the tower is the same height.

The point is to just see how they are staggered, its the best way to keep them out of the way and have walk-though room.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Before we introduce other brands and products into the discussion, it would be hard to compare a Rev10 pod to the pods from other brands.
    The Rev10 is a 10-inch speaker as compared to the XM9 which is a 8-inch speaker. However, the XM9 has a short depth but wide pod proportionally. So there is not that much pod diameter difference as would be expected with the speaker size difference. The Rev10 is substantially deeper but adds little pod diameter beyond what is required to facilitate a 10" driver.
    The Rev8 fits the XM9 8-inch class based on cone area (within 5/16" of one another), and has an equivalent pod displacement. however, the Rev8 is proportionally much deeper with a much smaller pod width.
    The 10" Rev10 is definitely the way to go IMO, as it gives you two/thirds more surface area than an 8" and 75% the surface area of twice as many 8". Not to mention that the 10" and larger pod deliver deeper midbass extension.
    If you are going to run a pair of Wetsounds Rev10s at the radius, corner of the tower, or a more vertical (but leaning) portion of the tower, you will want to get the Wetsounds swivel collars.

David

Default rev10's on a 2012 mojo

If you really want a head knocker hang a rev410 in the middle

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by EarmarkMarine View Post
    Before we introduce other brands and products into the discussion, it would be hard to compare a Rev10 pod to the pods from other brands.
    David
    David- Isnt that what your doing? Adding other brand to the discussion? Please stop posting inaccurate facts about Exile XM9. It is not an 8" speaker by cone area, or basket or or features or anything of the like. It's not a "Class" It's it's entirely its own animal. XM9 has no traditional basket.... It's design molds the basket assembly into the tool. And you know thats why its very different. You know this but dont mention it. If you want me to post photos, I can. But please.. just stop. It's not a Rev8. It's not a Rev10. It's a different offering from an entirely different company with very different features..that you just injected into this thread.

-Brian
    Exile Audio

Here is a pic of my neighbor's Malibu VLX. We put a pair of Rev 10's on it over the winter. I had my wife, who is 5' 5", stand in the boat for height comparison. I know it's not a Moomba, but it may be close in size. I believe that the tower shape may be similar also. As you can see, the speakers were mounted on the side near the top using swivel mounts. I know that guys are putting 4 to 6 speakers on their towers which is cool, but as far as I am concerned, the sound of just two of these is incredible. I wanted to get a straight on pic, but this was the only shot that I could get where the sun wasn't in the pic. Hope it helps.

Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    If you really want a head knocker hang a rev410 in the middle

Sent from my iPhone
    I would love to but my wife might kill me
    2012 Moomba Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by Brianinpdx View Post
    David- Isnt that what your doing? Adding other brand to the discussion? Please stop posting inaccurate facts about Exile XM9. It is not an 8" speaker by cone area, or basket or or features or anything of the like. It's not a "Class" It's it's entirely its own animal. XM9 has no traditional basket.... It's design molds the basket assembly into the tool. And you know thats why its very different. You know this but dont mention it. If you want me to post photos, I can. But please.. just stop. It's not a Rev8. It's not a Rev10. It's a different offering from an entirely different company with very different features..that you just injected into this thread.

-Brian
    Exile Audio
    Sorry Brian, but I am not the one who introduced the Exile XM9 into a thread titled Wetsounds Rev10.
    I can also post photos to prove that any statement I made is accurate.
    An XM7 is a 6.5" speaker and an XM9 is an 8" speaker. The model numbers could be construed as a bit deceptive.
    A unique basket mold has absolutely nothing to do with the speaker class according to an entire industry including automotive, home, pro audio or other. You can represent the speaker to be anything that you want and I can dispute it with objective facts. Here are the facts.
    The size classification of a speaker is determined by one industry spec, which is a) the 'Sd' which is b) determined by the effective surface area, which is c) determined by the diameter from the center peak of the surround to the center peak of the surround. There is only one standard and it's a universal industry standard. Plus, there are a number of true 8-inch prominent name brand speakers that are categorized as an 8-inch that have a larger 'Sd' than the Exile XM9. The JL Audio 8W7 is just one example. I'm certain that JL Audio is considered credible by all in the industry.

David

David, what would the benefit of the swivel mount be if I mount them in the arch or side of the tower? Also, do they have quick disconnect nkw?
    2012 Moomba Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by Brianinpdx View Post

-Brian
    Exile Audio
    Ive seen your XM9 and another 8" HLCD out of the pods and side by side, and I hate to tell you, your XM9 is an 8" speaker that measures 8.375". Thats a fact because you posted those dimensions right here on this Moomba owners forum yourself, so you cant call me a liar on this one this time, Brian.