Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default 2023 Model Price Hikes

Quote Originally Posted by Mxmark4 View Post
    Malibu has a 5-8% increase for 2023 boats.
    I heard this one too.
    After Jan 1. Probably based on spray date.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MJHSupra; 10-30-2022 at 06:31 PM.
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by Bigs28 View Post
    Ive had nothing but problems with my 21 mojo. My dealer offered to buy it back at the price i bought it for 15 months ago. I know with the price increases it's a good deal for him to but im so over this pos boat im seriously considering it. The only hold up is the new supremes are 30k more and interest rates are 2% higher.
    I would say that is pretty rare a dealer is willing to buy the boat back at purchase price. Any boat maker.

Usually, I hear about the boat going back to the boat-builder and they work on it. If that happens, the downtime is big b/c the issue is big - like broken stringer(s), a major gel issue affecting the entire boat, etc.. I think that is avoided and the fixes are pushed to the dealer-side. Plus, most places to do not want their dirty laundry aired in public, so it's probably not discussed much.

As for 2023s, that is why I was posting this thread. I head of one boat maker increasing prices after the 23s were priced and models were released. Buyers will have to dig deeper if they want new.
    Last edited by MJHSupra; 10-31-2022 at 09:46 AM.
    2018 Supra SL400

I have not wanted to reply a bunch and hijack this thread but answering the original question, dealer told me supreme 2023 mark up is 12%. Buying back the boat for full sales price was trade in towards a new boat.

I have not wanted to reply a bunch and hijack this thread but answering the original question, dealer told me supreme 2023 mark up is 12%. Buying back the boat for full sales price was trade in towards a new boat.
    Do you have any faith in this dealer being able to repair a supreme any better than your moomba?
    2019 Craz
    OJ 950
    Wakemakers bags
    Heatercraft triple heater

there are quite a few dealers that, in our current environment, will take a newish boat back at retail sale for another sale. my cousin has done it a couple times with his tige/skiers dealer and the centurion/supreme here in vegas said they have a couple 2023's sold on the same premise with their 2022's on the lot for sale.

I would say with supreme now building in the east and I am guessing this is to start getting marketshare out there, it's in both supreme and his best interest to move you out of a midwest/east coast brand into what has been a west coast brand to help build the clientele.
    they are only churning out about half of what centurion is doing out in Cali as I was told they have some manufacturing hurdles to overcome. iirc something like 1200 boats in 2022 but I wasn't completely paying attention.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

1200 is about what moomba builds a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Never rode on a Supreme.

The local dealer is trying to get more boats in the Knoxville market. Once was based on Norris, now have a 2nd shop in West Knoxville. Staring to see a few more on the water - both Centurion and Supreme.
    2018 Supra SL400