Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Boonejeepin View Post
    I would back down the surf plate as much as you can. The more it is deployed the more it will creat lift on the back is the boat hitting the power is the wave.

I personally like 11mph +

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just to make sure I understand, we are referring to the surf plate on the surfer side right? (i.e. the one controlled from the screen, not the stick on the side of steering wheel)? It usually comes out of the box at 60 for regular and 70 for goofy? What do you have it set at usually?

Also: not sure I understand what you mean about the boat hitting the power is the wave, what do you mean by that?

Thanks a lot!
    ------------------------------------
    2018 Moomba Max (5925lbs ballast)
    2013 Tigé RZ2 (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by TheMirror View Post
    Just to make sure I understand, we are referring to the surf plate on the surfer side right? (i.e. the one controlled from the screen, not the stick on the side of steering wheel)? It usually comes out of the box at 60 for regular and 70 for goofy? What do you have it set at usually?

Also: not sure I understand what you mean about the boat hitting the power is the wave, what do you mean by that?

Thanks a lot!
    Wow-my auto correct totally botched my message.

I am referring to the surf plates on each side (controlled on the screen) and not the wake plate in the middle (stick on the steering column). I run the surf plate at 45 for regular and 50 for goofy.

Try to only deploy the surf plates as far down (larger # on the screen) as possible. The more the tab is deployed the more lift is created at the back of the boat taking away push/power. Deploy it only far enough to get the wave cleaned up.

That is my preference.

2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

Ok now i got it !

------------------------------------
    2018 Moomba Max (5925lbs ballast)
    2013 Tigé RZ2 (sold)

I'm excited that I will be picking up a new 2019 Max in November. The dealer will install Wakemakers rear / midship ballast but I know the bow still needs more. Has anyone successfully added bags to the front by tapping into the subfloor bow ballast bag or are you having to fill those manually? I would prefer not to use lead b/c I'm on a lift but since I will likely have to increase my lift's capacity anyway (old boat had 3900# dry weight) that may be the easier option since I won't lose storage. Whatever option I go with has to be easy and not be seen so I keep the wife happy .

Quote Originally Posted by jmk4312 View Post
    I'm excited that I will be picking up a new 2019 Max in November. The dealer will install Wakemakers rear / midship ballast but I know the bow still needs more. Has anyone successfully added bags to the front by tapping into the subfloor bow ballast bag or are you having to fill those manually? I would prefer not to use lead b/c I'm on a lift but since I will likely have to increase my lift's capacity anyway (old boat had 3900# dry weight) that may be the easier option since I won't lose storage. Whatever option I go with has to be easy and not be seen so I keep the wife happy .
    Congrats on your new boat and I think you are going to love the additional rear and mid ship ballast once you get it. Before you get too crazy with modifying the front ballast, you should first see how the additional weight in the rear and mid helps. Especially the mid ship ballast. If you only added the additional weight in the rear, then you are correct, you would need more weight in the front. But I think the wakemakers kit you are talking about only adds a little in the rear, with the majority of the extra weight being in the mid ship. It is closer to the center of gravity, so I doubt you will need to add to the front. Keep us posted and congrats again on your boat.
    Matt Brown
    Product Development Manager

Thanks Matt. I will definitely let you know. Really excited and just sucks that it will be too cold to try until May. Oh well.

One of the only options I didn't order was the heater and it was partly b/c of location. I want to have a 3 output heater with one vent always on the driver and then two heat tubes to go to kids in the boat. Has anyone done a Heatercraft install on the Max? Was thinking of mounting the primary unit in front of the driver near the sub.

Quote Originally Posted by goose View Post
    Congrats on your new boat and I think you are going to love the additional rear and mid ship ballast once you get it. Before you get too crazy with modifying the front ballast, you should first see how the additional weight in the rear and mid helps. Especially the mid ship ballast. If you only added the additional weight in the rear, then you are correct, you would need more weight in the front. But I think the wakemakers kit you are talking about only adds a little in the rear, with the majority of the extra weight being in the mid ship. It is closer to the center of gravity, so I doubt you will need to add to the front. Keep us posted and congrats again on your boat.
    IMO Keep the front for storage. I do run some lead up there on occasion (can fit 300 in the nose, hate leaving it there because of all the tongue weight and air suspension on the tow vehicle....granted I tow only 300 feet each way), but with all the extra weight midship I feel like I can surf plenty far back with tons of push with only a driver in the boat. When we have a lot of people in the boat the wave is almost too monstrous and I just speed it up to close to 12mph and that usually keeps it from being a wall of steep water. Basically, try what you got, more than likely you will be well pleased without having to give up front storage.
    2018 Max - Ultrablue flake/Gray - 4400 lbs water (720s midship), 750 lbs lead somewhere

I’ll be taking delivery of a max sometime in November. My current plan for ballast is adding 1k of lead midship in addition to the stock. Storage is a huge factor for us because we take a ton of stuff out with us so hoping to avoid bags under the seats. I figure if 1k isn’t enough I can add another 500 up front with IBS if needed.

Any thought from current owners on that plan? Any input is appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    '19 MAX
    '13 Mobius LSV - Sold
    '05 Mobius LSV - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by csm View Post
    I’ll be taking delivery of a max sometime in November. My current plan for ballast is adding 1k of lead midship in addition to the stock. Storage is a huge factor for us because we take a ton of stuff out with us so hoping to avoid bags under the seats. I figure if 1k isn’t enough I can add another 500 up front with IBS if needed.

Any thought from current owners on that plan? Any input is appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Keep the tank filled as well ( roughly 600-700lbs of fuel ballast ). Think you will have a very surf-able wave with that much weight. I have an estimated 2000 over factory and its great...had 250 of lead and then went straight to the 2000 which produces great push with just a driver, though I imagine with that extra 1000 it will be a decent wave. Just like anything, titrate to effect
    2018 Max - Ultrablue flake/Gray - 4400 lbs water (720s midship), 750 lbs lead somewhere

Default Question for Goose

Hello Matt,

I have the rear side locker trays in a 2019 Max. I take delivery in mid-Jan. I want to copy Boonejeepin's set up of 1280's in the rears and 720's under the side seat lockers. 1280's says they are 50" long x 25" wide x 25" tall.

Will I be able to keep the rear trays when 1280s are full?
    The 720's list as 45" long x 20" wide x 20" tall. Will these fit snug in under the side seat storage?
    Do you recommend any other configurations?
    2019 Moomba Max
    Indmar 400
    Gunmetal flake, black with graphics package
    Autowake 3.0, Flow 2.0, G6, surf pipe
    Bow filler, walk through screen, rear seat back kit
    Full gatorstep - grey, pop up cleats
    Strapless triton with swivel, bimini w/board storage
    GPS cruise with mapping, depth finder
    Rev 10's and 8's towers, amplified sub and 6 wet sound interior speakers
    Transom remote, dual batteries, bag storage trays