Default Having Trouble with Gravity 3 Ballast System

Hello all, I am having lots of trouble with my 2008 moomba outback V, but this is the latest.
    First off, the system blew all recommended 5 amp fuses twice, so I switched to 10 amp fuses, and that seemed to work for awhile, but a few days ago the left one blew. I am very confused by this.
    Anyways I put in a 15 amp fuse and it will now pump again. I know this isn't ideal, but I really don't know what is going on with it. That's the first thing.
    Secondly, the empty pumps are having trouble completely. They will empty if I lift up the bags, but have trouble once they get low otherwise. I did not have this problem 2 weeks ago, so I am confused.
    Third, and most annoying, both back tanks fill when I turn on any of the switches, and always the left faster than the right..
    Very annoyed, I check all the valves, and the actuators (black nob things that have metal cylinder that get sucked in when the appropriate switch is turned on) seem to open just fine.

If anyone can help me out I would be very appreciative!
    Thanks

Check for kinks in the fill lines, clean out the valves, and position the drain pumps so they stay primed or check for air leaks. I added vents to my 2007 that helped the drain flow through the same through hull.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

How did you add vents? Any special product?

Mine has 7.5 in which I'm assuming is stock. If yours is 5 you have tripled the amp capable for the system design. I'd you blowing fuses you have a excessive current draw which is probably from a bad pump. No ballast system is not worth burning your boat down. Fix the problem, don't increase the fuse size.

Default Having Trouble with Gravity 3 Ballast System

Quote Originally Posted by pieperk View Post
    How did you add vents? Any special product?
    Vent lines from wakemakers can be installed, I did this on my 21V this summer and it indeed helps to drain those rear sacs.
    2008 Supra 21V-Currently For Sale