Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I not sure it's clear. My ACME prop is a 3-blade.
    2007 Moomba Outback
    99.999% Slalom, 0.001% Wakeboarding

Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    Doesn't alot of it have to do with what altitude your running at too? I have the same boat (07 outback DD) and has the factory 3 blade. If altitude doesn't matter - I might buy the same prop if that much improvement. Billings MT is about 3400 feet above see level? Anybody have any input?
    What is the max RPM you see with the stock 13 X 13? If you are on the low side of redline I would suggest a 13 X 11 XMP. For the record, the old style 13 X 13 is smaller in diameter and less pitch than 13, the numbers were rounded up to keep things simple.
    Eric Johnson
    Johnson Propeller Co., Inc
    OJ PROPS 800-359-9730

Eric,
    Thanks for the reply. My OJ 3-blade performs wonderful. She would redline if I would let her. I don't go much over 4500RPM and at 4800 it's runing about 34MPH and would still have more If I kept it going. Good out of the hole too!

I just have an older opposite turn prop. that I figured I'd trade for a 2nd prop. for my boat. Looking for a good alternative (or primary)? Mainly ski right now but looking to wakeboard more and surf every now and then

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    Eric,
    Thanks for the reply. My OJ 3-blade performs wonderful. She would redline if I would let her. I don't go much over 4500RPM and at 4800 it's runing about 34MPH and would still have more If I kept it going. Good out of the hole too!

I just have an older opposite turn prop. that I figured I'd trade for a 2nd prop. for my boat. Looking for a good alternative (or primary)? Mainly ski right now but looking to wakeboard more and surf every now and then
    If you get a chance give me a call to talk about the numbers.

Eric - 800-359-9730
    Eric Johnson
    OJ PROPS 800-359-9730

Quote Originally Posted by zegm View Post
    Eric,

I believe I spoke to you last summer and then ordered a 13 x 13 4-blade to replace our stock Moomba 13 x 11.5 3-blade. Well the difference was huge and positive. The boat quit vibrating as much (wasn't like a bent blade just a little annoyance type vibration) at lower to mid RPMs so it is a smoother and quieter in the boat. The top speed is now close to 45-47mph or more! And it still pulls out of the hole just fine when me or my wife are on our slalom skis! And the surprising thing we discovered was, our gas mileage is much better!!!! In other words we LOVE IT! Thanks!!!!
    You are welcome. Thank you for choosing our propellers.

Eric
    Eric Johnson
    OJ PROPS 800-359-9730

Quote Originally Posted by zegm View Post
    The top speed is now close to 45-47mph or more!
    Sounds like you may be able to keep up now.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!