Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Have you tried deploying the tab at 100%? And then start gradually lowering it from there?. I know people like to do partial deployment quite a bit, 60-70 %, and that may shape the wave, make the lip cleaner, but you're giving up list at the same time which makes the wave smaller. Especially if you're riding 11.5 MPH, that'll lengthen but also lower wave amplitude, maybe try increasing tab to 90-100 % if you want to keep that speed and see if it adds some height and push. What do you have to loose.
    Granted the Makai is much heavier than Mojo so more displacement and you will get away with more speed, but I run my Mojo around 10 mph with everything full and tab at 100% deployment. That produces quite a bit of lift and I can see my boat prominentaly list. If have little ones and I want to tame the wave I'll lower tab to 60% or deploy the center wakeplate more.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost

Quote Originally Posted by Isaguel View Post
    Have you tried deploying the tab at 100%? And then start gradually lowering it from there?. I know people like to do partial deployment quite a bit, 60-70 %, and that may shape the wave, make the lip cleaner, but you're giving up list at the same time which makes the wave smaller. Especially if you're riding 11.5 MPH, that'll lengthen but also lower wave amplitude, maybe try increasing tab to 90-100 % if you want to keep that speed and see if it adds some height and push. What do you have to loose.
    Granted the Makai is much heavier than Mojo so more displacement and you will get away with more speed, but I run my Mojo around 10 mph with everything full and tab at 100% deployment. That produces quite a bit of lift and I can see my boat prominentaly list. If have little ones and I want to tame the wave I'll lower tab to 60% or deploy the center wakeplate more.
    We have tried the tabs from 30 to 100. Tried some different weight combinations and speed as well. So far this is the best center point that we have found. Sounds like maybe a little less speed and some center plate might help as well? I appreciate the input. Let you know if we find something good

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
    2019 Makai

Hey everyone - reviving a thread here. I’ve found that with about 800 lbs of people, I can surf all day long. When that drops to ~400 lbs of people....not so good. Thinking of buying 500 lbs from leadwake.com OR buying the bags from bad wakemakers.

Question - on Makai - if I buy the ballast bags does anyone know for sure if the back trays still fit in the boat? I keep deflated tubes in them and don’t want to give up the storage.

Thanks in advance.

Default 2020 Moomba Makai surf set up question

Quote Originally Posted by Max20 View Post
    Hey everyone - reviving a thread here. I’ve found that with about 800 lbs of people, I can surf all day long. When that drops to ~400 lbs of people....not so good. Thinking of buying 500 lbs from leadwake.com OR buying the bags from bad wakemakers.

Question - on Makai - if I buy the ballast bags does anyone know for sure if the back trays still fit in the boat? I keep deflated tubes in them and don’t want to give up the storage.

Thanks in advance.
    Do both!! 500 in lead and the rear bags!! LOL

I am in the process of upgrading mine and the trays will not fit. That is why I waited until now to do them as the storage was nice. Instead I used 1k in lead. I no longer have a need for the storage so I am working on the new bags and keeping the lead!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by TXSurf4; 07-15-2020 at 12:24 AM.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Thanks for the info! I will go with lead. As much as I’m NOT a fan of inflating/deflating tubes....the smiles on the kid’s faces make it all worth while.

I really think 500lbs will be sufficient. My wife and I have 4 kids between 7&12. When it’s just us, I cannot got without the line. Throw a couple big guys in the boat I can surf all day long. I have to think 500 lbs even in the very back of the boat will be more than enough.

The 2 girls are 12 and they can surf all day long without the line. They just learned how a month ago. It’s amazing how fast kids pick things up.

Complete curve ball - I put on a slolom ski for the first time in at least 20 years this week and had a go. I told my wife to just put the hammer down and the cruise would take care of the rest....I forgot to turn on the cruise....lol. I had a nice rip at like 38 mph!

Complete curve ball - I put on a slolom ski for the first time in at least 20 years this week and had a go. I told my wife to just put the hammer down and the cruise would take care of the rest....I forgot to turn on the cruise....lol. I had a nice rip at like 38 mph!
    Savage... sure your wife didn't tap the ZeroOff button just to give you a run for your money @ WOT?
    2020 Kaiyen

Well maybe....lol. Nah, totally my fault, she’s pretty new to the water sports, we’ve owned a cruiser together for the last several years but she really doesn’t know how fast a skier should go, she was literally following directions...lol. I did finally have my spotter tell her to slow down a bit so I could cut through the wake and have some fun without fear of dying....lol.

Without a 1000lb of lead the Makai wave sucks. I have 1250lb and it's a monster. I have the wakemakers bags on order. They do take up all the space. You will lose the storage. I have all my weight under the ballast bags so we don't lose any storage that way.
    2019 - Makai took delivery
    2018 Yamaha AR195 SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Arcadyus View Post
    Without a 1000lb of lead the Makai wave sucks. I have 1250lb and it's a monster. I have the wakemakers bags on order. They do take up all the space. You will lose the storage. I have all my weight under the ballast bags so we don't lose any storage that way.
    Do you tow it on the trailer with all the weight in the very back or do you load and unload? Who knows...maybe another 500lbs coming after I see how it does with this weight...lol

Do you tow it on the trailer with all the weight in the very back or do you load and unload? Who knows...maybe another 500lbs coming after I see how it does with this weight...lol
    Tow with 1100 lbs. We have 100 lbs under each rear bag. 100lbs in each rear locker. 100 lbs each in both rear corner seats. 200 lbs under each midship bag. 100 lbs on the floor in the bow. Then we use 100 that we move to each surf side.
    2019 - Makai took delivery
    2018 Yamaha AR195 SOLD