Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

I also have a LED project on the back burner right now, so I will be interested in how to hook up as well. Why would you bring the wires to the battery first and not the switch. There is already power at the switch, I was just planning on making pig tales and hooking to the switch. Maybe I am wrong.

Any advise would be helpfull. Thanks.
    Reality is a crutch for people who can’t handle alcohol.

Quote Originally Posted by Appleknocker View Post
    I also have a LED project on the back burner right now, so I will be interested in how to hook up as well. Why would you bring the wires to the battery first and not the switch. There is already power at the switch, I was just planning on making pig tales and hooking to the switch. Maybe I am wrong.

Any advise would be helpfull. Thanks.
    Like I said, I'm not sure how these are supposed to be wired up. I will have to add a switch to my panel to run the LED's unless I can run them off of my nighttime running light switch. I wouldn't think you could bring 20 wires to one switch on your panel though.

Bird, the only reason i can think of to be married is....well, i will tell you that when i see you. no need to get everyone in an uproar. I do like the LEDs though. They look good.
    You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas.--Davy Crockett

Just run 1 wire off the switch all the way around the boat and use one of these for each light. Also do the same for the ground.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2104093

Quote Originally Posted by ABC View Post
    Just run 1 wire off the switch all the way around the boat and use one of these for each light. Also do the same for the ground.

Ok...the way that connector looks the two wires from the LED go in one side and the wire from the switch goes in the other. Where does the wire go to "jump" to the next LED?

one wire goes all the way through, and one wire goes to the led.. in the pic, the black wire would be coming from the switch and pass through 10 of these connectors (one for each led).. the red wire would run to the LED. you would have 1 set of these for the + and one for the -.

wiring diagram would look something like this
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Parallel_circuit.svg

Ah...so 20 of the connectors for 10 LED's. Run the + from the switch through 10 connectors to the battery and the + from the LED to the connector. The same for the - wire.

I just need a long positive wire and long negative wire to run through all of the LED's. I think I have it now....

Quote Originally Posted by ABC View Post

I would not use those for marine installation. I cut the wires, re-spliced, and heat shrank all of my connections for fear of moisture entering the wire and oxodizing/corroding the copper in the wire. I'm sure using those won't cause any trouble short-term, but I'd hate to do something now that I (or a future owner) will regret in 10 years.
    2013 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by ian ashton View Post
    I'd hate to do something now that I (or a future owner) will regret in 10 years.
    I wish the guy that built my house thought like that.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Ian,

Got my 10 leds in the mail 10 from Ozium, placed the order saturday, great customer service. i can't wait to install this weekend. I will post some pics of the led cup holders. thanks for the link.

Ps i usually solder and tape, never used heat shrink, what do you use to shrink, (hair dryer, heat gun??)
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold