Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Murder Max Mods

Quote Originally Posted by z28ke View Post
    So I finished up the stereo install over the weekend pulling some late nights so I could take the boat out last Sunday. Everything worked..... except a major air leak from were the sub box meets the helm wall on the bottom edge. It sounded terrible!

Remember I said I should have cut the hole for the sub a little lower....the box not being able to be pushed upwards enough was keeping it from sealing at the bottom.

To fix I ordered one of these: Atrend Universal MDF Constructed Spacer for 12 Inch Sub Boxes- Adds 3/4" to Decrease Woofer Depth https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0013NWD12..._CMegBbEX0EYEH

and cut a little bit off the top of it so it would make a perfect circle with the hole I cut. Then I drilled 8 small holes and counter sunk 4 short screws in to hold this to the wall, and 4 long screws going through the ring and into the box to hold it in place. Before I had the sub mounting screws going through the helm wall and into the box. Put some silicone around all seams for good measure.

Ignore the god awful hack job hole I cut, thank god it’s hidden lol.

Other than that this thing bumps hard! This system is crazy loud, I couldn’t be happier.

And good lord those rev10s scream with 300watts per speaker!!!

Going up to the in laws lake house this weekend so I’m hoping to finish up round 1 of the rgb LED install tonight or tomorrow night.
    I know you did this 2 years ago but there is a lot of good info in this thread so first of all thanks for that! On your box that you mounted to the back side of the wall for your sub, is it sitting on the floor or is it "floating"? I am wanting to do the same thing to the factory sub on my Makai but I feel like the box will be floating.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

Quote Originally Posted by TXSurf4 View Post
    I know you did this 2 years ago but there is a lot of good info in this thread so first of all thanks for that! On your box that you mounted to the back side of the wall for your sub, is it sitting on the floor or is it "floating"? I am wanting to do the same thing to the factory sub on my Makai but I feel like the box will be floating.
    Yes it is floating but it’s not going anywhere. Go for it!
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

Been working on the boat again lately!

Installed 4 taco marine fender holders:

Removed the pads from the swim platform, transom, gunnels and bow in preparation for installing my Gatorstep kit. Found out a plastic razorblade WILL scratch the gel coat. No big deal since I had already planned on buffing the entire top half of the boat before putting the pads on. Also found out a DA polisher is not very effective at cutting gel, getting handy with a harbor freight rotary now! Going to go back over it with the DA to remove the swirls from the rotary.

Here is a pic of the “bluesteel” Gatorstep, goes perfect with the boat in my opinion:

I’ll post up some more pics when I finish the install
    2018 Murder Max

That blue steel looks good!

3M makes an adhesive remover wheel that you can chuck into a cordless drill if you haven't taken your old swim platform adhesive off yet.

It's like a big rubber eraser, kinda messy flinging goobers but it makes for a quick job.

Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Quote Originally Posted by RC_Hinojosa View Post
    That blue steel looks good!

3M makes an adhesive remover wheel that you can chuck into a cordless drill if you haven't taken your old swim platform adhesive off yet.

It's like a big rubber eraser, kinda messy flinging goobers but it makes for a quick job.

Dang, I actually have one but didn’t think to use it! Once I realized the plastic blade left tiny scratches I just used gasoline on a rag and rubbed the hell out of it, took some time but did the trick. Gasoline seemed to work better than acetone or mineral spirits for me if anyone is wondering/future reference.
    2018 Murder Max

I think I spent WAY more time removing old adhesive than installing the new kit.

Definitely a PITA.

2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

Yea that adhesive is no joke!

I also installed a acme 2419:

I’ve never used an actual prop puller to change props in the past but figured I might as well order one to make it easier and save time. Not sure if others have needed to, but I had to do a little grinding on it to get it to line up right:

2018 Murder Max

Nice. I bought the harmonic puller. I couldnt believe how easy it works.
    2019' Moomba Max

Such a great thread z28ke. You were the first person I got advise from when I purchased my boat. I think Im done modifying it for awhile lol. I pretty much copied you, with some adds. This weekend I put a sealed box with a 10" kicker in the dash, and a ported 12" on the amplifier/battery side. I also plumbed the WM bow bag to the 2 front pumps, and it worked great yesterday. I now have 6200lbs of ballast that auto fills.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2019' Moomba Max

Rest of the pics of the bow bag
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2019' Moomba Max