Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Is the Mondo front AND rear hard tanks? I read somewhere about a plug n play option for more ballast. Plus the screen shows level indicators. Unable to do that with bags unless they are using timer guesstiments.
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

Unless this boat is replacing the Outback V or has something to create a surfing wave swichable side to side in seconds i don't see the point of adding another 20 footer to the lineup. Looks good tho
    2012 Mobius LSV
    05 Outback LS SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by papou View Post
    Unless this boat is replacing the Outback V or has something to create a surfing wave swichable side to side in seconds i don't see the point of adding another 20 footer to the lineup. Looks good tho
    Jstinger, the Plug and play is just the bag system. It comes factory i think with 400s and you can upgrade them.
    Ballast timers are just that, its a Timmer box they have been using a few years but now instead of it showing you a % number like it does on mine, its a bar graph.

papou i see the need for the Mondo in the 20ft boat segment.

Go look at a Mondo and an OBV next to each other and its very apparent why they can survive together.

Mondo has deeper seating, much wider interior. Also it has the wide body nose.

A lot of OBV owners are traditionlists and want that lower profile boat, smaller, and lighter for water skiing. Plus since SC is no longer doing DD boats the OBV is now the only real option water skiing.

Now if the Mondo blows away the OBV in sales then you might see the OBV drop off the list.

Who knows, you still might see it drop off, thats how the Mojo took the XLV spot.

The Mojo is only 3inches shorter on interior space then a XLV, but the compartments are deeper, and the interior is 2 inches wider.

Doesnt sound like a lot but spend a day in the Mojo, then the very next in an XLV and you will feel the difference.

Also want to see how much larger a Mojo is then an LSV sit them right next to each other and the Mojo is a lot bigger, even though its only 1 foot longer.

I suspect you would see all the same comparisons with Mondo and OBV except they really are the same length.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I thought about this too.

I think the look of a boat with a squared off or pickle fork styled bow is what most people want. It is what a wake boat "should" look like in many peoples eyes.

People are buying the AXIS A20 even though it is shaped like a doorstop. I think the OBV will be gone next year like the XLV disappeared a year after the Mojo.

2016 will likely bring a squared bow LSV if the Mondo is as big of a success as the Mojo has been.
    Nate

2008 XLV GG (sold)
    2013 LSV

Saw this on Moomba's facebook

Last edited by Mobius22; 07-18-2013 at 04:18 PM.

i cant wait to get my feet into a mondo..they look sharp..one thing i dislike about my OB is how low it sits in the water..when i let my buddys drive and i take a dive in the water and he comes to get me and doesnt see the wave and the thing washes over the bow, it gets everything wet..thats why i only put my anchor and PFD in the bow area and personal stuff under the sun pads.
    Last edited by motosno963; 07-18-2013 at 04:28 PM.
    2004 Outback Blue/white w/5.7 indmar 350, Direct Drive
    Rockford fasgate cabins
    Rockford fasgate 500w amp (cabin) and a kenwood HU (kmr700u)
    Exile XM7's
    Exile Harpoon
    Exile ZLD
    Polk 10in sub (2)
    Polk P330 amp (subs)

I think you take just about ANY boat and build it with the Black/Grey/Orange color scheme and it'll look GREAT. Best color scheme on a new release that I've seen in along time!

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    I think you take just about ANY boat and build it with the Black/Grey/Orange color scheme and it'll look GREAT. Best color scheme on a new release that I've seen in along time!
    if i order a mondo im going to do the black/orange/ and...the gunmetal grey flake? with the black moomba letters.
    im still on the border if the flake will go well with the black and orange. most of my friends with boats are rednecks or fishermen so i think they will be in shock if they saw the flake lol..i like it too haha
    2004 Outback Blue/white w/5.7 indmar 350, Direct Drive
    Rockford fasgate cabins
    Rockford fasgate 500w amp (cabin) and a kenwood HU (kmr700u)
    Exile XM7's
    Exile Harpoon
    Exile ZLD
    Polk 10in sub (2)
    Polk P330 amp (subs)

The blue white and black one it SWEET!!!
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

Default Re: 2014 - GREAT things on the horizon

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius22 View Post
    Saw this on Moomba's facebook

What a couple o' dorks! They ruin it for me. Get some girls on there, pronto!