Default 2017 Craz - Ballast line questions

I have an early 2017 Craz Surf Edition. About 2 years ago I ordered WakeMakers BagBusters 1140 lb read upgrade bags. At the time, they were "Universal Fit". They fit ok, but always had some issues at the front edge. Eventually one of the bags developed a leak so I replaced/upgrade to the now available "Exact Fit" model for the 2017. The problem is, it came with duel inlet and vent ports. My 2017 only has a single inlet and vent port in each locker. When I asked WakeMakers about this, they indicated that the 2017s came with the dual ports and that I must have an earlier version.

So the question I have is, did SC change the ballast design in the middle of the 2017 model year to switch from single hoses to dual hoses?

Is it possible to retrofit to the dual-hose design for those of us with the single-hose design?

Thanks
    heath
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    High altitude prop
    1140 lb WakeMakers Universal Fit rear ballast upgrade
    Autowake 2.0 firmware upgrade (20171121 version)
    2013 SeaDoo GTI135SE with ski mode
    1984 SeaRay 210 CC - traded

Quote Originally Posted by chezdude View Post
    I have an early 2017 Craz Surf Edition. About 2 years ago I ordered WakeMakers BagBusters 1140 lb read upgrade bags. At the time, they were "Universal Fit". They fit ok, but always had some issues at the front edge. Eventually one of the bags developed a leak so I replaced/upgrade to the now available "Exact Fit" model for the 2017. The problem is, it came with duel inlet and vent ports. My 2017 only has a single inlet and vent port in each locker. When I asked WakeMakers about this, they indicated that the 2017s came with the dual ports and that I must have an earlier version.

So the question I have is, did SC change the ballast design in the middle of the 2017 model year to switch from single hoses to dual hoses?

Is it possible to retrofit to the dual-hose design for those of us with the single-hose design?

Thanks
    heath
    Whether or not you had the dual lines depends on if you had the "Surf Edition" (500s) or "Surf Max Edition" (900s).....

Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

That's very good to know. I didn't realize that they changed the lines with just that setting. I just thought that it was the larger bags. What is the purpose of the dual lines in the pre-G6 models? It's not filling or draining any faster, and just seems to be one more thing to fail (connectors, lines, fittings, etc.).

At some point, it's still a single line to/from the pump and vent hole on the side, so where does it split/T in the case of the MAX?

chezdude
    High altitude prop

That's very good to know. I didn't realize that they changed the lines with just that setting. I just thought that it was the larger bags. What is the purpose of the dual lines in the pre-G6 models? It's not filling or draining any faster, and just seems to be one more thing to fail (connectors, lines, fittings, etc.).

At some point, it's still a single line to/from the pump and vent hole on the side, so where does it split/T in the case of the MAX?

chezdude
    900 on the left, Enzo on the right....

Quote Originally Posted by RC_Hinojosa View Post
    900 on the left, Enzo on the right....

So on the boat, how do the lines route/connect to the pump and overflow? Is there a T behind the backplate with dual lines coming out the bottom for fill and then a T to merge the two overflow lines to a single port on the side of the boat?

heath
    High altitude prop

So on the boat, how do the lines route/connect to the pump and overflow? Is there a T behind the backplate with dual lines coming out the bottom for fill and then a T to merge the two overflow lines to a single port on the side of the boat?

heath
    This: there a T behind the backplate with dual lines coming out the bottom for fill and then a T to merge the two overflow lines to a single port on the side of the boat.