Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by brain_rinse View Post
    Here is a link that shows my setup: https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....6619#post96619
    I can do one half that good.

Quote Originally Posted by EarmarkMarine View Post
    I can do one half that good.
    I don't get it???

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    David, any reason I can't extend the wires on my prosport 20 if i were to move a battery to the other side of the boat?
    ProSport says definitely 'NOT' in their manual. However, that is mostly for reasons of liability and not for any functional reason. I wouldn't have any issue with extending the wires to a smaller degree if you used the identical guage. But for a longer extension to the opposite side of the boat, personally I would re-locate the charger....because I do not know at what point the added resistance would influence the profiling of the dual batteries. If you have cut-in an AC inlet, I wouldn't hesitate to extend the 14/3 AC wire to anywhere in a towboat.

David

Quote Originally Posted by brain_rinse View Post
    I don't get it???
    It's making fun of one-upmanship. Get it now? It's actually a compliment with a bit of humor....but apparently a very small bit of humor....almost so small that it is completely undetectable.

ProSport says definitely 'NOT' in their manual. However, that is mostly for reasons of liability and not for any functional reason. I wouldn't have any issue with extending the wires to a smaller degree if you used the identical guage. But for a longer extension to the opposite side of the boat, personally I would re-locate the charger....because I do not know at what point the added resistance would influence the profiling of the dual batteries. If you have cut-in an AC inlet, I wouldn't hesitate to extend the 14/3 AC wire to anywhere in a towboat.

David
    Well I don't want to relocate the charge because I don't want to move all of the batteries over, just one or two. Probably Just one
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Here's a link to mine, same boat as yours. I run three batteries and put the third one under the port bow seat. Everything is mounted forward of the fresh air bulkhead in order to maximize storage space in the cubby.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....tereo+makeover

Al

2006 Mobius LSV

It's making fun of one-upmanship. Get it now? It's actually a compliment with a bit of humor....but apparently a very small bit of humor....almost so small that it is completely undetectable.
    Ha ha, well the first post may have gone over my head but this one made up for it. I always laugh loudest at my own jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    Here's a link to mine, same boat as yours. I run three batteries and put the third one under the port bow seat. Everything is mounted forward of the fresh air bulkhead in order to maximize storage space in the cubby.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....tereo+makeover

I am trying eliminate that whole factory amp board on the port bow seat back. here is what i have now and it is a mess IMO

David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    did you trim the seat back amp board to give you more room?
    David

David,
    I prefer the charger on the front wall because you never have to mess with it, and if you do, it's four screws and a couple of quick disconnects, but nothing to adjust.
    Then I prefer the amplifiers lined up against the port hull. Easier to tune or access for diagnostics and service.
    Quality heavy gauge cable is very expensive for that amount of current without loss and for that distance. Also, you wouldn't want to double the length of the starter/alternator feed without stepping up the gauge. So in any scenario applied to this boat, I just don't feel good about splitting up the batteries.

David