Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    Doing rough math on what a dealer makes on SC product…..

If a dealer sells 10 Supras and 20 moombas.

10 Supras at appx $30k profit $300k
    20 moombas at appx $20k profit $400k

$700k doesn’t seem to be that much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think that is a pretty small dealer. The Dfw dealer sells way more units than that plus the service work adds up.

2017 Supra SA

Quote Originally Posted by russellsmojo View Post
    I think that is a pretty small dealer. The Dfw dealer sells way more units than that plus the service work adds up.

Perhaps my dealer is small compared to the big boys like Premier, Rinkers and pro wake.

My point was dealer profits on SC product are not crazy high.

My dealer probably makes most their money on high volume pontoon sales.

I know the owner is not hurting for money.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Service can add up a lot to boost the bottom line. There are consultants that can tell you the equation based on sales, number of work bays, etc., how big the margin and dollars for the basic service items: oil changes, tune ups, trailer repair, etc.

Granted if the dealers can find mechanics. And if they are good with trouble-shooting electronics.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

When I worked in ccar dealers , service department carried the whole dealership and that was the way it went. We paid all the bills essentially, made the most profit, and parts dept and sales were like added bonuses. In a boat dealer I would imagine its much the same except,They have service wait times that are unheard of in the auto industry, and parts costs are through the roof. 700k of dealer profit for putting you in a boat is pretty good IMO. Service and parts will make up for the rest.
    2019 Craz
    OJ 950
    Wakemakers bags
    Heatercraft triple heater

Quote Originally Posted by Mxmark4 View Post
    When I worked in ccar dealers , service department carried the whole dealership and that was the way it went. We paid all the bills essentially, made the most profit, and parts dept and sales were like added bonuses. In a boat dealer I would imagine its much the same except,They have service wait times that are unheard of in the auto industry, and parts costs are through the roof. 700k of dealer profit for putting you in a boat is pretty good IMO. Service and parts will make up for the rest.
    The service wait times for boats is something I have never understood. Why do you have a shop that is so undersized that you can only manage to take care of your customers in 3-4 weeks. If you had a bigger shop, wouldn't you be able to charge a premium by getting people in and out in under a week? Seems like there is a massive available backlog, but I guess the winter months become slim pickings. There has to be a better way though.

2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition
    2000 Sharpe Houseboat 70x16 (Lives at Lake Powell)

Went by the dealer today and still at a 4 week wait for service. Its a good thing I dont drive this boat for a living cause waiting that long would suck. Still waiting on a tower light that was ordered in August when I purchased the boat. Supply chain holds up some of the work in our current situation Im sure but to be 4 weeks out in the slow time of year looks to be a busy spring summer for them. P
    2019 Craz
    OJ 950
    Wakemakers bags
    Heatercraft triple heater