Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Welcome back Newty
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

I have to say mine is/ was shaky too. I had to do some ingenious work on the swivel to stop it from falling apart (mine has a plastic spacer that separates the two halves and that spacer would get caught and come out, creating even more play). Once I repaired that, it was a ton better, but still has a little play.
    I would like to see the part that the mojo and new lsv seat comes with, but I'm sure it is different and won't work for my application. In the end, if one could find a high end swivel that is of a different manufacture or design, it might be worth the extra cost.
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

Yeah that's the same type of swivel this is. My ingenious work was to just take it out. Bummer really thought that would be a nice have. Oh well...if you've never had it you won't miss it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by E4NASH View Post
    Yeah that's the same type of swivel this is. My ingenious work was to just take it out. Bummer really thought that would be a nice have. Oh well...if you've never had it you won't miss it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If you've never had it you won't miss it, but if you have had it before, especially on a boat well below the standards of these boats, you will definitely miss it. Point being, my wife is not much of a detail oriented person on a lot of things with the boat, but upon driving this boat her only complaint was that the seat was not a swivel. It is not a necessity but it is freakin' nice to be able to turn the seat around and kick your feet up. Newty said to avoid the poly insert swivel, so I did and gotta say I love this mod. Was that too much passion? I've had a couple gin&tonics.
    Scott
    '07 Mobius LSV
    Indmar Assault 5.7
    Gravity III- 1100 lb. in port locker, 2300 lbs total
    ACME 1617

Allright. Where the heck do you get the 9 x 13 piece of aluminum? Everybody says they got it from work. I looked around the office today and couldn't find one. Checked behind the water cooler; under the boss's desk (don't ask what else I found there) and even in the conference room by the globe. No dice. So where do you get one of these????
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Allright. Where the heck do you get the 9 x 13 piece of aluminum? Everybody says they got it from work. I looked around the office today and couldn't find one. Checked behind the water cooler; under the boss's desk (don't ask what else I found there) and even in the conference room by the globe. No dice. So where do you get one of these????
    Have you checked the back seat of his car? I got mine at a metal supply shop called Metal BY The Foot, the sell all sorts of metal in any quantity. Any metal supply shop should have it or a fabrication/machine shop might have a piece big enough that they would sell you. The place I got mine had a scrap bin with a bunch of left-overs in it, but I couldn't find what I needed in it. The cool thing about the place where I got mine is that they cut it to size, all I had to do was drill holes in it. Good hunting.
    Scott
    '07 Mobius LSV
    Indmar Assault 5.7
    Gravity III- 1100 lb. in port locker, 2300 lbs total
    ACME 1617

I use this place..They ship..

http://www.metalsupermarkets.com/
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

I just finished mine too, but did it a little different. I made my adapter out of 1" Starboard. It works awesome, I'm so gla I finally did it.

I also cut a channel into the end and added blue LEDs all around

It actually rotates 180 degrees, just don't have a pic.
    2013 Outback V

That's cool with the LEDs. Should look great at night!!!
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

Quote Originally Posted by brain_rinse View Post
    Got pics? Curious where the handle to release the lock is at and how it looks.
    You can see the two levers here. The one towards the bow is the factory slide lever. The other is obviously the swivel lever.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343518228.107461.jpg

Here you can see the swivel lever poking out below where the bolster part of the seat is.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343518285.156820.jpg

With the bolster section down, you can hardly see the swivel lever, but it's easy to reach when seated.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1343518302.454280.jpg
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro