Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

I bought the 1433 last year. It rips out of the hole. Only lost a few miles per hour off the top but I do not do any WOT really. If you have any weight in the boat at all, it is totally needed. Dollar for dollar the best upgrade out there in my opinion.
    2008 Mobius LSV Blue and Black.

I should clarify. Top speed is not a big deal to me. As long as it can comfortably pull a rider with the boat loaded. I do open the throttle up at times. It just is not my main goal or played into whether I bought a specific prop or not. I am sure you can burn condensation out at 25-30 miles per hour just as easy as 40-43. Anyways, I don't have any scientific data backing this up just my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed G View Post
    "I do not do any WOT really"

Many marine engine experts have suggested you should do this (safely of course) for a little while after surfing - to burn out any condensation that can accumulate in your engine from the slow speeds.
    2008 Mobius LSV Blue and Black.

"I do not do any WOT really"

Many marine engine experts have suggested you should do this (safely of course) for a little while after surfing - to burn out any condensation that can accumulate in your engine from the slow speeds.
    I completly disagree with this. The engine is running at 2K RPM the entire time your surfing. Whats the difference in surfing and in running it at 2K all day?

You dont go run your car at WOT because you drove all day in town at 700-2K RPM.

I think this falls in the same BS that says surfing causes the engine to run low on oil because of the way the boat is tilted. All BS if you ask me.

You need to WOT your boat once in a while same reason you do your car, to blow any small carbon buildups in the EGR system and intake system.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

The best 2 reason to WOT the boat is.......

1) to go fast
    2) sounds awesome
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Most times we do a fast lap around the lake too after surfing. Helps dry off too
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    I completly disagree with this. The engine is running at 2K RPM the entire time your surfing. Whats the difference in surfing and in running it at 2K all day?

You dont go run your car at WOT because you drove all day in town at 700-2K RPM.

I think this falls in the same BS that says surfing causes the engine to run low on oil because of the way the boat is tilted. All BS if you ask me.

You need to WOT your boat once in a while same reason you do your car, to blow any small carbon buildups in the EGR system and intake system.
    couple of thoughts on this:
    there are several stories here of autocross guys that are running a particular hard track that sieze engines up running at very high rpm's, very high egt temps and when hitting long corners, the oil pickup loses the oil from it sloshing to the side. only takes a second when running hot/heavy to sieze an engine, so there is some precautions to be taken. If I fill my vdrive to the line when stationary, that red light on the lanyard kill switch never goes out when surfing. add a little above and it's fine. there's a range of oil levels on a dipstick. bet if you run toward the bottom, there's times when towing, especially when whipping tubers around that your engine pickup is empty.

there's nothing wrong with idling cars around all day in town and nothing in the owners manual will say differently, however some do list shorter intervals for maintenance for town driving vs highway driving for the reasons listed above, and it is a good idea to run the engine every so often, but every trip? nah. if you run your boat 3-4hrs at 2krpm's, that should work out to around 60mph on an average truck(estimate). that's 180-250 miles in a given day on the lake. bet most don't "blow" their trucks out at that interval and cars go 150k or better with just basic maintenance.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Well, we all have our opinions.

Some people think blowing out carbon from the engine is total BS.

Personally, I'll follow the advice from the guy who works for Indmar, thank you very much.

I have to laugh, the first time I wrote about this, you thought it was a "good tip" and you were gonna start doing it too.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....ing#post101806
    Your right i did agree when i didn't know any better and i thought you were right. Since then i have spoke to several people at Idmar about my warranty and the effects of the surfing and wake boarding on the engine. Every time i ask someone there the response i get is pretty simple, watch the water temp, watch the oil pressure. Eighter go to the top of the gauge shut it down and fix the issue. Other wise there's is absolutely no none or written proof that any of the water sports these boats are subjected to hurts the engine.

Only thing i was told is Do Not run the engine hard and then trailer it. This is one of the worst things you can do to your engine as it builds up considerable heat and then you shut it off and trailer it giving the engine no time to properly cool down. This my friend Ed can cause condensation in the engine.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    Only thing i was told is Do Not run the engine hard and then trailer it. This is one of the worst things you can do to your engine as it builds up considerable heat and then you shut it off and trailer it giving the engine no time to properly cool down. .
    I'll always run mine at or near WOT after I'm done surfing for the day, and I'll always recommend to others they do the same.

can we not do both? take a hot lap, then a little cruise at idle for cool down and then trailer it.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    can we not do both? take a hot lap, then a little cruise at idle for cool down and then trailer it.
    Absolutely what you can do Stacy. My only concern was Ed saying his wife is out doing hot laps while he grabs the trailer. To each his own on how they treat there boats. By no means an i trying to tell anyone how to care for it. I'm just expressing my concern for some ideas posted here.

Forums are the best and worst thing a person can read. Best because a lot of usefull information.

Worst because so much information gives you over load and some people opinions get blown out and taken the wrong way. I take it all with a grain of salt and hope everyone else does as well.

[COLOR="#696969"]

Hopefully this thread will continue to be useful to people as they research what prop is right for their boat. There are some good real world experiences here that should help you make the right decision. Before you spend your hard earned money on a prop that you think is what you want, be sure to talk to one of the experts (manufacturer or trusted reseller) to get their take on the right prop for your needs.

This thread has gone off course enough that I'm going to close it.