Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Just to follow up... there was one stretch of hose from the port side ballast sensor to the port side vent that was 1-1/8" instead of 1". Not sure how this happend but I used some of the hose from my order to fix this. Now waiting on more hose to finish the job...
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost

So I got everything installed. Couple questions before I give it a go on filing.

1. Putting the check valve between the T and drain port is correct?

2. Do you need to replace the vented plugs on the bags with solid?

3. Any special instructions on first fill out subsequent fills?

4. Is it ok to leave the autofill feature on (the one that kicks in if sensor senses the bag isn't full)?

Quote Originally Posted by WildH View Post
    So I got everything installed. Couple questions before I give it a go on filing.

4. Is it ok to leave the autofill feature on (the one that kicks in if sensor senses the bag isn't full)?
    1. Yes this is correct you want it between the T and the thru hull vent port so that when you drain your bags it doesn't pull air in to them.

2. Yes I did for the same reason above to not pull air in to the bags when draining.

3. Just make sure that your top vent hose doesn't get pinched between the bag and the walls when filling.

4. Yes not sure why this would be an issue.
    2019 Makai
    Raptor 450 w/ 1.76 Trans
    WakeMakers 1350s in the rear & 1K in Lead

#4 yes when they auto switch off, toggle the switch off then on to override. Do this until they overflow through the vent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the vent T is for 2 soft sacs, then yes, place the CV after the T. If there is a hard tank and soft sac sharing a single vent outlet, the CV needs to go between the sac and T. Otherwise, the the sac cant vent and will tin-can.

This is how I have mine on my Max. Works like a champ!

Port side

Starboard side

2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by Schlanseay View Post
    #4 yes when they auto switch off, toggle the switch off then on to override. Do this until they overflow through the vent

Do you find this to be a bit annoying? How does the auto off feature know when to stop? Mine stops pretty dang early and when bags are maybe 80% full. Is rather it just fill without the sensor.

Do you find this to be a bit annoying? How does the auto off feature know when to stop? Mine stops pretty dang early and when bags are maybe 80% full. Is rather it just fill without the sensor.
    The sensors are indeed annoying. I call them false trips when they shut off prematurely. One thing I did to help (not solve) the issue is to slide the sensors up as high in the tunnel as possible on the overflow tube. I’ve also contemplated just sliding them off the tubes entirely but leaving them hooked up so that I won’t get any error messages about sensors or whatever. In theory the sensor idea is nice and all but the reality is they stop too early or get tripped too easily when the bags aren’t even full yet. I wished the bags or system used actual float sensors so that this whole thing could be resolved and also give you truly accurate bag fill levels.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    The sensors are indeed annoying. I call them false trips when they shut off prematurely. One thing I did to help (not solve) the issue is to slide the sensors up as high in the tunnel as possible on the overflow tube. I’ve also contemplated just sliding them off the tubes entirely but leaving them hooked up so that I won’t get any error messages about sensors or whatever. In theory the sensor idea is nice and all but the reality is they stop too early or get tripped too easily when the bags aren’t even full yet. I wished the bags or system used actual float sensors so that this whole thing could be resolved and also give you truly accurate bag fill levels.
    You got a picture of where the sensors are? I didn't have much issue when I had the stock bags, but with the wakemakers, it's all the time.

A little annoying but I did this with the stock bags too to make sure they were full. Once you adjust the timers it should be good to go.