Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

^agreed unless they can go to a flat tax.

I can't imagine that EVER happening as that would reduce the irs to 1/10 of what it is today and we all know shrinking gov't is not in the english language..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Default The Affordable Boat Act

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    Put mothers of newborns in prison?

Lol, should we ship the children to your address?

Also, there is a cost associated with collections ... We are attempting to reduce the cost of healthcare.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    No but they should be forced to pay. This does not apply only to maternity cases...really why should someone not have to pay for something with no consequence and here hardworking people that pay our bills have to pick up the Tab while they don't. Obviously the business has to pass expense on to their customers but these deadbeats shouldn't get a free pass to ride on the coat tails of everyone else. Makes me sick
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by E4NASH View Post
    really why should someone not have to pay for something with no consequence and here hardworking people that pay our bills have to pick up the Tab while they don't.
    Because, we, as a society, have decided that healthcare is a right and should be available to everyone ... same with roads, police, education, etc.

There is always going to be a "tax" associated with a service. Now we have to figure out the best way to collect that "tax". Our last system made it way too easy for insurance companies to exploit the system and by doing so they have elevated hospital cost to an unreasonable amount.

I'll admit, I get frustrated with the way people look at. Perspective with the current system ....

Most hate the fact that XXXXX has 5 kids and can't pay for a dang one. She is bleeding the medicare system!! Lets make her pay 25,000 (5,000 per kid). We now have $25,000 to contribute to the "pool".

Medicare tax is capped around $115,000. You pay 1.45% into this "pool" until you reach 115k, nothing after that. Let's look at one guy that makes 2M. If he had to pay "his share" on the income past 115k, he would have to pay an additional 27k.

The philosophy has been that the 2M guy won't use Medicare so we decided to cap it at 115k. Yea, I can rationalize that BUT how is that the answer to everyone splitting the burden of providing a service to society? That's just splitting the burden between everyone making 115k or less.

If I make 115k I'm going to pay 1650 into the "pool" to help this lady. If Joe Millionaire makes 2M, he pays 1650 into the "pool". How does that not frustrate someone in the middle class that also doesn't use the Medicare services? Why should you have to pick up that ladies tab more so than Joe Millionaire?

Is it more efficient to pay people to collect the 25,000 (meaning you net less than 25k) from the lady poppin out babies or does it make more sense to ask the wealthy to "pay their share". Yea, the lady poppin out babies she can't afford is a POS but that's not going to change.

Somehow the wealthy have sold everyone this idea that squeezing the middle class is ok because one day you will rise up and be one of them. LOL
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

I am FAR from wealthy, but I do believe everyone should pay their fair share. In my opinion a flat tax is the better way to do things. No deductions no credits, no exemptions...nothing. EVERYONE pays the same percentage. So Joe the plumber over here who makes 35K pays 10% (or whatever it is) $3,500, and Harry Rockefeller over here who make 3.5 million pays $350,000. Both pay the same percentage however the more you make the more you pay. THAT is FAIR and equal. Everyone should pay the same according to their income level.
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Tow Rig:

Don't scream that too loud new home owner!

Wouldn't phase me, I'm not used to that deduction yet, never had it. It would just be like normal.

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Default Re: The Affordable Boat Act

Quote Originally Posted by E4NASH View Post
    In my opinion a flat tax is the better way to do things. No deductions no credits, no exemptions...nothing. EVERYONE pays the same percentage.
    Solid idea but then it would be easier for everyone to calculate their tax ... and i might not have a job. I'll have to lobby against that.

There are no easy answers. I don't think the ACA even solves most but its a start to some of the healthcare problems. (many other issues) Sadly, the chances of Congress working together through the problems are dismal. 9% approval rating last i heard. Its sad .... and scary.

2016 Moomba Mojo

Solid idea but then it would be easier for everyone to calculate their tax ... and i might not have a job. I'll have to lobby against that.

There are no easy answers. I don't think the ACA even solves most but its a start to some of the healthcare problems. (many other issues) Sadly, the chances of Congress working together through the problems are dismal. 9% approval rating last i heard. Its sad .... and scary.

Agreed....

Tow Rig:

Flat tax would raise unemployment big time, including kg and myself, irs would be minimal and cpa's, tax practitioners, advisors, lawyers , etc would all be in line for the handout. Hence the 80,000 pages of the IRS code. No chance on the forbes flat tax.

Funny you guys bring up the tax part in the ACA discussion, only reason this passed muster in the Supreme Court is because congress has the ability to tax, the penalty for not having healthcare is actually a tax, that's why Roberts had to vote the way he did, invoking taxes is not unconstitutional .

That said, that fool Obama was on the boob tube today! extending another boo boo on his plan!another extension to a poorly executed strategy . This program will unwind faster that a baseball without a cover...
    This govt is a frigging mess!

My .02 of course
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

CPAs will find something else to do. And we need to eliminate 90% of the irs. We are already balancing the budget! Sorry KG haha

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Default Re: The Affordable Boat Act

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    another extension to a poorly executed strategy . This program will unwind faster that a baseball without a cover...
    I'm not convinced there was a strategy. Huge let down by the administration, hard to see how they could have done much worse .... And its looking like that could happen

2016 Moomba Mojo