Default Not sure if I should be worried or uh, proud?

Father's Day night - we just got back from a long road trip. My 8yr old and I decide to play a few games of ping pong and just chill.

He wins the first game.
    I win the second game.

Then he throws out "best 2 out of 3 dad, winner gets a Bud Light!"

I started to crack up, then was like 'hey, wait a minute'.... I asked him did you just say - and he cuts me off "oh, nothing!" followed with a big grin.

Love that kid - witty little guy.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

The apple doesn't fall from the tree. At least he has good taste!

Oh by the way its the middle of June and your boat is still winterized! WTH?

PWI as usual...

Yes, I am pathetic....
    Last year I dewinterized May 17, never hit the water until June 26.

This year got kinda sideswiped with kid/family stuff taking priority. Looking at the river levels hasn't helped much either. And having a tough time getting down to AWS on a non-rainy day for it when I can get flexibility at work. I may just DIY dewinterize this year. One plug, one knock sensor plug, a couple hose clamps and connections, check the impeller and I should be good to go??

Had the oil and tranny changed already last October at AWS when they winterized. They may have checked the impeller then, not sure.

Don't knock it. My boat will be dewinterized around the July 4th weekend even though it's starting to hit 90 degree air temps. The water is moving so fast here that river boating doesn't look that tantilizing. Summer will come and with a vengence I hope. It's sad when one has to sweat through a dewinterization.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Is the water on the Snake any better or the same raging torrent that the Columbia is? Did I mention when I was in the Tri-Cities this last weekend I watched a stump the size of a Volkswagen float by out in the main channel near Richland...

I think the Snake is having the same high flows and along with the high flows is muddier water. If you could have followed the stump you probably would have seen someone hit it. The boaters here are not the best drivers and especially looking for debris or people in the water. I hope you had a good time and if it was Saturday you were here don't let the rain disappoint you.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

My relatives have lived over there 45+ years. The rain did spoil some plans but I think the catch for me is the wind. Always windy there. Oh wait - except for about midnight when we were sitting out by the pool having a nightcap. Clear skies, lots of stars and no wind - WTF is up with that??

Quote Originally Posted by newty View Post
    At least he has good taste!
    Newty, Tisk Tisk, Bud light really. You live in Portland you should know better .

Bergermaister, That is great. Kids can be funny some days. I am also disappointed in you for Bud light. You should teach your kids to like good beer then when they go to collage and everyone is drinking Bud light they will not drink because they are use to the good stuff and no one will buy it for them.

The DIY dewinterized took me about 2 hours the first year and now I can do it in under an hour depending how much I fight to get my body around to put the impleller in. Al has a great post on how to winterized. Just follow it in reverse.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Oh have no doubt - I'm a Connoisseur of our fine micro brews here and a couple of my coworkers home brew and hook me up but I have a tendency to shift to the light stuff when summer weather arrives. For me hot weather and micros = sleepy feeling.

I did the DIY dewinterize yesterday too. Was actually very painless and took around 1.5 hours. First time so I double checked every hose clamp, every fitting, etc. Oil was already changed at winterization so we were good to go!