Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast

KG,

what wires did you use and where did you get them?

Power, ground, speaker, RCA?

Distribution blocks?
    2016 Mojo (HERE!!!!!)
    2007 Supra Launch 22 SSV Limited
    1990 MasterCraft Tri Star
    1997 Crownline 180BR

I used factory speaker wiring and order all other wiring (power/ground/rca) from knuconceptz. On the distribution blocks, it was tspec from amazon.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

According to their website the 8 gauge wire is only good for 60 amps. I am running an 8 gauge wire to my distribution block that sends power to my 3 reversible ballast pumps and each pump draws 30 amps so I guess I am not running a big enough cable since 3x30 =90 amps draw when all three pumps are on. I guess I need to see if I can run 4 gauge to my ballast pump distribution block.

Could this be why whenever I turn on more than 1 pump and there is a noticeable drop in the sound the pumps make? Like with one pump, it sounds like that pump is screaming and moving fast, when I hit a 2nd pump, you can hear it come on, but it sounds like both pumps are running slower than one pump by itself and when I hit a 3rd pump on, they all 3 move so slow that it is almost silent.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    According to their website the 8 gauge wire is only good for 60 amps. I am running an 8 gauge wire to my distribution block that sends power to my 3 reversible ballast pumps and each pump draws 30 amps so I guess I am not running a big enough cable since 3x30 =90 amps draw when all three pumps are on. I guess I need to see if I can run 4 gauge to my ballast pump distribution block.

Could this be why whenever I turn on more than 1 pump and there is a noticeable drop in the sound the pumps make? Like with one pump, it sounds like that pump is screaming and moving fast, when I hit a 2nd pump, you can hear it come on, but it sounds like both pumps are running slower than one pump by itself and when I hit a 3rd pump on, they all 3 move so slow that it is almost silent.
    That doesn't sound right Dave. The pumps don't even have that big of wire on them. I think it's a 14 gauge wire. When I installed the 3 in my LSV I used 12 wire and no issues at all.

Factory on my Mojo is 12 I think, only thing that had 8 was factory amps
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    That doesn't sound right Dave. The pumps don't even have that big of wire on them. I think it's a 14 gauge wire. When I installed the 3 in my LSV I used 12 wire and no issues at all.

Factory on my Mojo is 12 I think, only thing that had 8 was factory amps
    Yeah I have 8 gauge going to a blue seas distribution block, and then 12 gauge that was supplied with the wakemakers kit going from the distribution block, to the switches, then from the switches to the pumps. The distribution block has a 30 amp fuse for each pump. As you turn more pumps on at the same there is a huge audible reduction in pump speed. Very noticeable. Maybe it is the type of impeller I am running? I have found that after sitting for a few weeks they have a tendency to get stuck and I have to work the switch back and for a bit to get the pump to do anything.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Yeah I have 8 gauge going to a blue seas distribution block, and then 12 gauge that was supplied with the wakemakers kit going from the distribution block, to the switches, then from the switches to the pumps. The distribution block has a 30 amp fuse for each pump. As you turn more pumps on at the same there is a huge audible reduction in pump speed. Very noticeable. Maybe it is the type of impeller I am running? I have found that after sitting for a few weeks they have a tendency to get stuck and I have to work the switch back and for a bit to get the pump to do anything.
    I think your theory sounds plausible. just because a single pump is wired with a smaller gauge doesn't mean that the gauge for the longer run to the distro block shouldn't be more. It's not like 4 gauge is THAT expensive. You've got audible hints and also you've done the math that backs it up. I'd say you've got enough "evidence" to support your theory and you know the "fix".

*** That said, I would check your stats on amp draw. I'm thinking more like 20 amps, but that they're fused with 25 to 30 amp fuses? Either way, you can certainly compute the length of your run of wire to your distro and compute the voltage drop and see if that is likely to be affecting you, even at a ~20 amp draw.
    Last edited by trayson; 05-11-2016 at 11:42 AM.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    I think your theory sounds plausible. just because a single pump is wired with a smaller gauge doesn't mean that the gauge for the longer run to the distro block shouldn't be more. It's not like 4 gauge is THAT expensive. You've got audible hints and also you've done the math that backs it up. I'd say you've got enough "evidence" to support your theory and you know the "fix".

*** That said, I would check your stats on amp draw. I'm thinking more like 20 amps, but that they're fused with 25 to 30 amp fuses? Either way, you can certainly compute the length of your run of wire to your distro and compute the voltage drop and see if that is likely to be affecting you, even at a ~20 amp draw.
    The wire run is going to be shortened when I get home. I have a bunch of extra 8 gauge coiled up because i already had my connectors on the ends and I did not have any more connectors to cut the wire and add a new connector but I have since got some in. I will be shortening it by 2/3 or so so that may help. If that doesn't work then I may look into 4 gauge going from the battery to the distribution block and possible going from the black implellers to the green ones everyone raves about.
    David

The wire run is going to be shortened when I get home. I have a bunch of extra 8 gauge coiled up because i already had my connectors on the ends and I did not have any more connectors to cut the wire and add a new connector but I have since got some in. I will be shortening it by 2/3 or so so that may help. If that doesn't work then I may look into 4 gauge going from the battery to the distribution block and possible going from the black implellers to the green ones everyone raves about.
    You could also make a 2nd run of the 8 gauge to the distro.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Default 2016 Mojo Updates

Quote Originally Posted by dusty2221 View Post
    On the remote, I wouldn't mind having a different model
    Dusty do you know how long the rca cables was on kgs mojo? To be able to run from the radio to the amp.

Quote Originally Posted by BrokeGuy View Post
    Dusty do you know how long the rca cables was on kgs mojo? To be able to run from the radio to the amp.
    Krystal Kable 4 Channel 6M Twisted Pair RCA Cable
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded