Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

moomba21.jpg

I replaced the Oil Sensing (sending??) unit. I didn't know what the oil pressure switch was until you told me. The wires at the switch had been spliced together to bypass the switch ever since I bought the boat and has been running like that for eleven years.

I looked for one just like the one on the boat (pic attached). I didn't see one like it on the Napa site but I guess it doesn't have to look the same (???). I should just change the wire connectors to fit over the one post??

In another post R98ROO said something about a violet wire running to a kill switch. Do you know what and where that is?
    Last edited by Bend; 05-28-2013 at 08:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bend View Post
    moomba21.jpg

I replaced the Oil Sensing (sending??) unit. I didn't know what the oil pressure switch was until you told me. The wires at the switch had been spliced together to bypass the switch ever since I bought the boat and has been running like that for eleven years.

I looked for one just like the one on the boat (pic attached). I didn't see one like it on the Napa site but I guess it doesn't have to look the same (???). I should just change the wire connectors to fit over the one post??

In another post R98ROO said something about a violet wire running to a kill switch. Do you know what and where that is?
    http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/Ca...2SB_0365579324

Not sure why you have a 3 prong one, maybe someone swapped it out? I don't have a kill switch/lanyard on my 02...You should get the wiring diagram from skier choice....
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

It looks original to me. The engine paint chipped off when a removed it.

I've got the wiring diagram and I thought the same thing......I don't see a kill switch anywhere. I do see "warning Sensor" and a "Warning Light" on the diagram. They are somewhere in the back of the engine near the 8 point wiring harness plug. The Warning Sensor (Violet-A and Blue wires) connects to something with #10 Rings but I don't know what the warning sensor is.

If you've looking at the diagrams I posted I believe that's the walter v-drive light sensor...I look at the diagrams today and they're missing the fuel pump circuit which is what you need.
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Well, well......not too proud to admit my mistakes. Got to lake Friday. Had rehearsed my plan of action to trace the wiring with the volt meter and wiring diagram as many of you had suggested several times. Got under the dash as I have a hundred times before. Looked to trace the violet/purple wire from the ignition switch to the circuit board. Well, I be damned if the post on the circuit board had no purple wire!!!!!!!!!! Cut the purple wire from the ignition switch, touched it to the post, turned the key..............boooooom. Boat cranked and ran beautifully!!!!!!!!! Got to ski the entire weekend.
    Only problem now is the gauges. replace MDC controller?????

Thanks to all for the help and support!!!!