Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Hi CSM, that's interesting! So now I've seen a 2019 Max both ways. Perhaps you are right and it depends on which audio package you get? Maybe Goose will see this post and can confirm. I wish the website went a bit more in detail regarding what kind of audio components come with the packages.

I ordered my max with no stereo upgrade. I added 12 wetsounds sub in enclosed box under the helm and actually provided as much bass as I need. I put pair of rev 10 on the tower. It’s loud enough that you can hardly turn it all the way up

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    It's WetSounds but that's all I know.

Also it does seem that the 2019 Max comes with Rev 8 tower speakers instead of the Icon 8 that someone mentioned either on. This jives with what the dealer had told me a month or so ago when I went to go look at the Makai. I'm guessing earlier year Max's had the Icon 8's?

Here's a pic from a YouTube video on a 2019 Max. Not sure if this sub is the same as your 2019 Craz and if that means the 2019 Max has a sealed sub enclosure too. That would be a bonus to me. Hopefully someone can confirm who has a new Max.

Attachment 28039

Also a pic of the Rev 8's on the new Max

Attachment 28040
    Trying to find a better pic but I think it’s enclosed on the Craz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    --
    2019 Craz

--
    2019 Craz

Quote Originally Posted by flienlow View Post
    Can you provide thoughts/contrasts/impressions between the Max and '13 LSV?
    Sure thing! Below is a braindump of what I've noticed. Unfortunately, with the crappy weather, and the time of year, I only have a couple of break-in hours on the boat, so I can't comment on anything surf specific yet. I haven't been able to load up ballast and mess with autowake at this point, but hopefully will be soon.

Bottom line: I loved my '13 LSV, but I like almost everything about the Max better, and I would make the same decision in a heartbeat.

Things I like better about the Max:
    - The vinyl seems like much better quality than the LSV.
    - The huge bow with the filler cushion is a game changer for my kids. They were cramped up front with the LSV. In the max, they basically have a full bed up there. Overall, the boat just feels much bigger on the interior, and more comfortable.
    - Wakeboard wake - Just cruising at wakeboard speeds with no ballast, the wake is much cleaner on both sides than it was with the LSV, especially at lower speeds where my kids ride. I can't wait to get out and try it.
    - Back seat - I hated, hated, hated the one-piece back seat in the LSV. It was such a PITA to remove, and put back in place when doing maintenance on the boat. The sliding back seat on the Max is pretty sweet, easy to get out of the way, and a cool place for people to sit when pulling a rider.
    - The Raptor is a noticeable improvement. I have the upgraded prop (I had the Acme 2079 in the LSV, so it was propped well also), and the acceleration in the Max is a huge difference.
    - I have noticed almost zero bow rise when accelerating, probably due to the smart plate. But I was expecting bow rise to be worse in the Max. So far it's much better.
    - It goes without saying, but the storage in the max is night and day difference compared to the LSV. It's amazing how much room there is in this boat with the depth. I have the three trays. If you don't get the trays, don't plan on storing anything in the v-drive lockers. You would literally have to jump down into the lockers to get whatever's down there. They're that deep.
    - It handles rough water so much better than the LSV. We used to get beat up pretty bad heading accross the open part of our lake. We've been out in the Max in choppy water, and it handles it like nothing.
    - On the LSV, the surf rope would rub pretty signifcantly on the bimini due to where the tow point was located. On the new tower/bimini, this won't be an issue. The tower/bimini overall are improved over the LSV also.
    - Having flip up backrests in the bow makes accessing those areas so much easier.

My few minor complaints:
    - I wish I still had gauges on the dash. The screen pretty much makes you choose 3 items to display. I prefer to have more info at a glance (engine temp, oil pressure, water depth, water temp, RPM, etc...) I don't like having to choose 3.
    - I installed an after-market sub (Kicker square 12"), and the one-piece helm/foot area made that more difficult than it was in the LSV. Having to cut a hole in fiberglass, and then sealing the sub to the fiberglass, then the box to the back of the helm was a bit of a chore.

Sorry for the long post, but that's all I can think of at the moment.
    '19 MAX
    '13 Mobius LSV - Sold
    '05 Mobius LSV - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by Munch520 View Post
    Trying to find a better pic but I think it’s enclosed on the Craz

Ah yes I forgot the Craz doesn't have the fiberglass facade like the Max and Helix have. Thanks for the pic.

csm, I wanted to get the trays but opted out because I didn't know if they would interfere with any taller aftermarket bags. I've seen pics of z28ke using cargo netting in the midship under the seats when they installed midship ballast. I'm thinking maybe adding cargo netting to the rear lockers would be a good idea as well and would allow for monster sized bags if someone made some to fill the Max's cavernous lockers. That being said I do love those trays and yea it wouldn't be fun trying to get something from the bottom in there .

Thanks for your comparison on your LSV as well. I'm sure the Max rides night and day smoother too than your older boat. My friends older Outback direct drive can get pretty rough due to its flat bottom and low freeboard on the rougher or windier days. When I test drove the Max it seemed to handle running across its wake very well and soaked it right up. Hoping it will perform well on the rougher days and cut through chop.
    Last edited by haknslash; 02-03-2019 at 08:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by haknslash View Post
    Ah yes I forgot the Craz doesn't have the fiberglass facade like the Max and Helix have. Thanks for the pic.

csm, I wanted to get the trays but opted out because I didn't know if they would interfere with any taller aftermarket bags. I've seen pics of z28ke using cargo netting in the midship under the seats when they installed midship ballast. I'm thinking maybe adding cargo netting to the rear lockers would be a good idea as well and would allow for monster sized bags if someone made some to fill the Max's cavernous lockers. That being said I do love those trays and yea it wouldn't be fun trying to get something from the bottom in there .

Thanks for your comparison on your LSV as well. I'm sure the Max rides night and day smoother too than your older boat. My friends older Outback direct drive can get pretty rough due to its flat bottom and low freeboard on the rougher or windier days. When I test drove the Max it seemed to handle running across its wake very well and soaked it right up. Hoping it will perform well on the rougher days and cut through chop.
    Dealer just confirmed, unfortunately on the craz it is free air still

--
    2019 Craz

Quote Originally Posted by csm View Post

My few minor complaints:
    - I wish I still had gauges on the dash. The screen pretty much makes you choose 3 items to display. I prefer to have more info at a glance (engine temp, oil pressure, water depth, water temp, RPM, etc...) I don't like having to choose 3.
    - I installed an after-market sub (Kicker square 12"), and the one-piece helm/foot area made that more difficult than it was in the LSV. Having to cut a hole in fiberglass, and then sealing the sub to the fiberglass, then the box to the back of the helm was a bit of a chore.

Sorry for the long post, but that's all I can think of at the moment.

Thank you for the response. I can see where the lack of gauges would be a detractor. The one thing I also noticed on the Max was how do you service the transmission? I really wished Moomba would make the access better. Looks to me like you need to remove screws and floor panel.
    I am really struggling to determine if this would be worth the $30k upgrade from my LSV. I could throw more money at my LSV and install a stereo, even more ballast, but that might be throwing good money after bad. I would still have a low profile boat that would take water over the bow and swamp the boat when a clueless driver is at the helm ( truly amazed at how difficult driving a boat is for some people, anyway- rant over.) I would also retain marginal Surf Performance, still need to play with a suck gate, toy around with ballast proportions along with passenger placement as well has have yet another giant ballast bag in the passenger area.
    2019 MAX
    2015 Mobius LSV Surf Edition (SOLD)
    2001 Supra Sunsport SSV- SOLD
    2017 Ram 2500 Crew Cummins 6.7L

Thank you for the response. I can see where the lack of gauges would be a detractor. The one thing I also noticed on the Max was how do you service the transmission? I really wished Moomba would make the access better. Looks to me like you need to remove screws and floor panel.
    I am really struggling to determine if this would be worth the $30k upgrade from my LSV. I could throw more money at my LSV and install a stereo, even more ballast, but that might be throwing good money after bad. I would still have a low profile boat that would take water over the bow and swamp the boat when a clueless driver is at the helm ( truly amazed at how difficult driving a boat is for some people, anyway- rant over.) I would also retain marginal Surf Performance, still need to play with a suck gate, toy around with ballast proportions along with passenger placement as well has have yet another giant ballast bag in the passenger area.
    I had an 06 Mastercraft X2, i got so sick of suck gates, and playing around with the thing to get it close to a good surf wave but that boat just wasn't meant for that. So like you, i considered spending the money and ended up getting a 2019 mondo with ballast upgrades, flow 2 and Autowake 3. I think its money well spent if you are into watersports. Not saying its financially smart for everyone, but for me it was fine and the family is going to love it. Go for a new or newer model designed for surfing.
    2019 Mondo

Yeah it’s just 4 screws to get to the v-drive/tranny. I think some people just leave the screws out and haven’t had a problem. I leave two screws in and with a drill takes about 5 seconds to get access. Another plus is that when working on the engine from the v-drive lockers, you can squat down instead of lay down and reach almost all points of the engine. In the LSV I had to lay down and contort my body more than I’d like to so I think the maintenance in the Max is going to be easier from what I’ve experienced so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    '19 MAX
    '13 Mobius LSV - Sold
    '05 Mobius LSV - Sold