Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Big Idea, need a little help though

Quote Originally Posted by chadjitsu1 View Post
    I was thinking about putting it in the same spot as the switches. Anyone with any ideas would be awesome.
    Simple - heads up display reflecting off the windshield. 😄

I can't wait to see what you come up with.
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

Very cool idea. I say go for broke. I do like the idea of the redundant switches though just in case. You might run a search on the net for "depthfinder mounting locations" or something like that and see where people put them when they add them to the helm. Good luck. Keep us posted.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

What is the mechanism that Mastercraft uses to judge weight? Is it a flow rate meter, an actual float in the tank, or something else? It it's simply a timer, that's not going to provide an accurate number due to varying flow rates that depend on boat speed.
    2005 XLV, upgraded ballast, Comptech swivel wakeboard and hydrofoil racks, Monster cargo bimini

I am not too sure what they are using for calculating the amount of water in the bag. I would think that it would be just a timer. I bought hall affect flow meters but I am thinking about not using them and just going with a timer.

I know that on the hard tanks like in the Nautiques, they have an analog meter like a gas meter in your car that you can look at to see where your at. This is a simple float switch in the tank.

I don't think that a timer will be that inaccurate, the rubber impeller pumps that I'm using are going to kind of meter the eater into the boat. They don't allow water to pass even with another pump pushing against them so I don't see how the fill times would be that far off. I was going to just get the pumps into the boat and take a reading on the GPM then multiply that number by 8.35. To be honest with you if its a little off then its not going to make a lot of difference. I know people are going to be moving around in the boat and switching spots so 50 LB really doesn't matter.

Does anyone have a measurement of the key switch area. I am thinking about trying to fit the little touch screen in there now. I will just add a start button to one of the screens and make it password protected. I need to know how wide and tall the area is though. I don't have my boat at the house so maybe someone that has a LSV or XLV and wouldn't mind measuring the size of the panel I would be very grateful

Great Idea. I have been thinking about doing this for some time then giving the ability to also control the wake plate and the PP system from the same screen. What system are you looking at using to hold the logic for this? Also if you are looking to do flow rate you have to take into account if your pumps use the same thru-haul fitting and if more then one pump was on it will affect your rate.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

I work for Allen Bradley and plan on using a Micro 830 PLC with a either a Panelview Component 3 inch for the display. I really want to use a 6 inch color display but I dont see where I will be able to mount it. I am thinking about just using the 3 inch screen as a display only and still using the switches to control the forward and reverse of the pumps.

I am ripping out the factory pumps like a lot of people have done and replacing them with the Johnson FB4-11 pumps. I will put them in the boat and run a stop watch to see what kind of flow I get then just use that as the multiplier in the program. Should be easy enough. I also thought about adding the wakeplate to the screen, I need to see what the signal looks like coming back from the sensor on the tab, I assume its just like a feedback from the trim on an IO. If anyone knows that would also be helpful. If its a 0-12v feedback then I can just run that into the PLC as well.

Quote Originally Posted by chadjitsu1 View Post
    Does anyone have a measurement of the key switch area. I am thinking about trying to fit the little touch screen in there now. I will just add a start button to one of the screens and make it password protected. I need to know how wide and tall the area is though. I don't have my boat at the house so maybe someone that has a LSV or XLV and wouldn't mind measuring the size of the panel I would be very grateful
    I was able to shoot some pics of my dash on the 2008 LSV this morning. I hope these help. I tried to show the length and width of the insert panel as well as the whole area. I also thought you might be able to relocate the two small gauges above and put it there so I included pics of the higher area as well. Good luck!
    IMG_0129.jpgIMG_0130.jpgIMG_0131.jpgIMG_0135.jpg
    Last edited by kaneboats; 02-05-2013 at 10:45 AM.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Here are the ones of the upper dash on that side:

IMG_0136.jpgIMG_0137.jpgIMG_0138.jpg
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Do you have any idea if the 08 and 07 have the same key switch area? I thought that they changed the dash on the 08. Thanks for the pictures I am really hoping that those sizes are the same for mine, the touch screen I have would fit perfectly.