Default Please help! Ballast bags wonÂ’t completely empty

Hi,

So we pulled the trigger and spent way too much money on a new to us 2018 Moomba Max (I know it doesn’t count unless I add a picture, I’ll keep working on figuring out how to attach one ��). So far we’ve had a blast with our new toy!

The boat has the Wakemakers upgraded ballast kit installed which was a nice added upgrade that I don’t have to mess with. That being said, we cannot get the midship bags to completely empty. I’ve tried to run the empty cycle to 0 shut it off, then run again and we still can’t get them to empty. The rear bags empty completely but not the midships.

Any advise or help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!
    Last edited by Swervy; 06-30-2020 at 01:13 PM.

Do you have G6 ballast (6 pumps)? Have you adjusted your ballast fill and drain times? On my Max with the WM kit (no additional midship overflow added yet) it takes approximately 12.5 minutes to drain the rear and midship bags. They both drain completely without having to cycle. Filling in the other hand requires me to fill, ever ballast levels and then refill which I contribute to trapped air because I don’t have an overflow on the midship bags yet.
    2019 Moomba Max "MOOMBAE"
    Mods: Wakemakers upgrade + 500 lbs of lead
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

Thanks for the reply!!

I do have the G6 ballast system and I reset the fill and drain times to about 11 minutes (was last on the boat a week ago due to surgery recovery so I can’t remember what I actually set it to). The time I set it to filled all bags as the overflows were pissing out the sides, we visually checked too and they were definitely filled. Started the drain process and they never completely emptied, the midships stayed about half full

On your rear bag is the overflow at the top or bottom?
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold

I’m 95% sure it’s on the top. I won’t be able to get back in the boat until tomorrow to confirm

The rear bags overflow is on the top.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Moomba Max - Wakemakers upgrade ballast kit (Sold)
    2005 Four Winns 170 Horizon (Sold)

I wonder if a check valve would help you? To me it seems if there isn't a check valve (and there may be one idk) that wouldn't it pull air from the vent hull fitting while trying to drain and would make it harder 'to prime" so to speak? Idk just wondering.
    2016 Yamaha AR192 - sold