Default Raptor diagnostics?

2016 Mojo 400, does this engine have an OBD-II or something similar??? I'm having a problem where the engine has shut off multiple times but no code is shown in the diagnostic page.
    2016 Mojo surf edition
    1100lbs rear w/ 475lbs piggyback mid/ center 700lbs/ 500lbs IBS/ 600 lbs lead
    ACME 2315

Quote Originally Posted by schwan View Post
    2016 Mojo 400, does this engine have an OBD-II or something similar??? I'm having a problem where the engine has shut off multiple times but no code is shown in the diagnostic page.
    I could be mistaken but it has a different wiring harness from Indmar with an Indmar specific port.

No OBD-II is why people can't flash their own tune....

Sent from my Note9 using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz Surf Edition
    Flow 2.0 Surf System w/ AutoWake™
    5,600 Lbs Ballast - Enzos + Lead + Sumo
    Wet Sounds REV10s + REVO12-XXX

But trouble codes are stored and retrieved from the dash screen under engine diagnostics

Raptor PCM is locked and not aware of any tuning support through HP Tuners.
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by larry_arizona; 07-09-2019 at 11:39 AM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Any chance that you bumped the Killswitch?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Moomba Craz

I figured they had a brand specific port, I was just hoping to be able to check diagnostics myself since I'm not getting an actual fault code on the dash from this.

I posted the problem on the FB page but haven't gotten many ideas. The killswitch is always a possibility, but I was paying attention to that so I don't feel like that has been it. This problem has been weird so I'll do another titled post so it can be searched for.
    2016 Mojo surf edition
    ACME 2315

I figured they had a brand specific port, I was just hoping to be able to check diagnostics myself since I'm not getting an actual fault code on the dash from this.

I posted the problem on the FB page but haven't gotten many ideas. The killswitch is always a possibility, but I was paying attention to that so I don't feel like that has been it. This problem has been weird so I'll do another titled post so it can be searched for.
    Like Stazi suggested, my dealer highly recommended me to exercise the killswitch once in awhile.

Tells me that they can possibly corrode and become intermittent.

Indmar locking the PCM’s does kinda suck, but I get why.

The difference in the 360/400/440 models are all tune only and I suspect the 450/460 is just another tune but on 93 octane.

If you could adjust the tunes on the Raptors, it would kill a significant profit center for Indmar

Last edited by larry_arizona; 07-09-2019 at 02:51 PM.
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Now that we're talking about intermittent/corroded killswitches, I feel like that has been discussed, I'll look into that and then post up some details.
    2016 Mojo surf edition
    ACME 2315

You can get the diagnostic software and harness, but it's spendy, about $700 for the whole setup.

https://www.rinda.com/marine/diacommarine.htm
    2019 Supra SL450

Quote Originally Posted by Shoebox View Post
    You can get the diagnostic software and harness, but it's spendy, about $700 for the whole setup.

https://www.rinda.com/marine/diacommarine.htm
    That is super expensive for software that does basic reading and diagnostics only. It would be reasonable if you could actually change tuning tables/parameters like HP Tuners.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by larry_arizona View Post
    That is super expensive for software that does basic reading and diagnostics only. It would be reasonable if you could actually change tuning tables/parameters like HP Tuners.

Yeah. You can run a bunch of different tests, dropping cylinders, etc, but it's the only option if you want do your own diagnostics. It's what dealers use as well.
    2019 Supra SL450