Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Phender pro

Default Phender pro

Are these a worthy option?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

My put: no. Not where the factory location is anyway. Get your own and mount them higher.

The GoPro mounts are more useful in my opinion than the phender mount locations, but I think its all or nothing, don't think you can get just the GoPro mounts on the transom from the factory.
    2018 Supra SL550 with 850lbs of lead wake
    2017 Supra SA400 (Sold)
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition (Sold)
    2017 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2021 GMC Denali 2500
    Soulcraft Vodoo
    Soulcraft Jordi Pro
    Soulcraft Super AV
    Phase Five Matrix

It's cheaper that method. I thought about doing the after-market ones to the SL, but never got around to ordering them. Then it was on back-order, then something else, etc. etc.

My fear would be a mount like this. In this pic if this is the port/bow location, looks too low if you wanted a bumper on the rub rail.

Supra SA 2021.jpg
    2018 Supra SL400

Not sure if the design has changed, it’s a pass for me though as I’m too worried about someone scratching up the gel coat trying to get it lined up and pushed in. Especially on a choppy day. No offense to any females on the forum, but go take a look at your wife’s door handle around the key hole... already too many tasks left up to the person making the payments, don’t want to add another to the mix. Looks nice though and a great idea. On a white boat may be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    My put: no. Not where the factory location is anyway. Get your own and mount them higher.

Interested on the height issue, are they too low and you can’t get the fender high enough?

It’s actually a good deal for 6 phender pros. The hardware alone is $600-$700.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Love mine, use them all the time. This is the first boat I've had with them and I would do it again in a heartbeat. Now having said that, I use Hippity Hops as fenders and have them tied off to the Phender pro right against the handle, so the diameter touches the boat below the rub rail. The phender pro receptacle has a large diameter on the outside of the boat and the pin has a tapered delrin or teflon pin. Haven't scratched a thing in 2 years on the current boat, and I'm not the one who puts the fenders out. With the Hops it's so damn easy, I keep 2 inflated all the time, and 2 more deflated. Literally deploy and retrieve your fenders in seconds, and the cleats stay clear of lines.
    2019 SUPRA SE 450
    2015 Tige Z1 (SOLD)
    2014 Tige Z1 (SOLD)
    2012 Yamaha 212SS (SOLD)
    2008 Yamaha AR210 (SOLD)

The SA appears to have the rear one pretty high

And the front one is on top of gunnel.

2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

I love mine especially the ones in the back for the GoPro mount.

I added a set to my Makai and put them all on the top deck. A lot of the restaurants here have fixed docks and when the lake goes down it has always been a challenge to get the bumpers high enough. Put some on my last boat as well in the more traditional location and always wished I had done it different.
    2015 Mojo with autoflow