Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Razz's FAQ

Razz - I decided to post your PM to this thread because I'm guessing several people will all have similar questions

[Raz asks] How much foot room is lost? By my calcs from measuring mine the other day it looks to be 7-8" ???
    -- Not much foot room is lost. At the base of the kick panel you loose just under 5" (special note to robert size 14 shoe. damn! those are big feet!)

[Raz asks] It's big obviously, what are the cubic feet?
    -- 1.85 cu feet before driver displacement. Keep in mind the way the box gets this big is because of the multi angle way we stack the shape, up and over the hump. Reflex tuned to 38Hz with this volume makes it hit LOW!!!

[Raz asks] Will any 12" sub work or is it optimized for yours?
    -- Of course its optimized for Exile subs. But that doesn't mean other woofers wont work. Need to check the mfg specs on mount diameter, depth and box volumes just to make sure. But it's pretty friendly.

[Raz asks] How does the facia attach?
    -- we looked at driving cap head screws into it but it muddies up the design. end result is 3M velco. the fascia also is hinged under the vinyl so you can physically get the bugger into the space.

[Raz asks] Is the box directly on the floor when installed?
    -- Nope. thats a receipe for disaster. The enclosure rests on a sole that lifts it up of the floor carpet about 1/4"

[Raz asks] What's the minimum sub one should install in this?
    -- That's a question of budget. I don't think I'd spend 350.00 bucks for a cutting edge enclosure and stick a crackerjack woofer in the thing.

[Raz asks] I'm running the class d channel on a Kicker ZX700.5 which is 420w @ 2ohms, will that work?

-- Yes for sure. In the Exile line you'd want the Shift 12DVC which is rated at 400 watts and would drive the amplifier at 2 ohms. This is what we call Stage 1. Stage 2 goes up to the 700W woofer. Stage 3 is 1500W woofer. The key is to match the performance of your amplifier.

Hope this info helps!

-Brian
    Exile Audio

Quote Originally Posted by Brianinpdx View Post
    The Moomba crowd can be proud to be the first to have a product like this.
    . . .
    In time, sure, but right now its and exclusive thing for the Moomba folks!
    That's pretty cool. Thanks, Brian! This is a great innovation.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Now everyone truly knows why my boat has been at Exile for the last 2 months. Lots of engineers, builders, lookers, have all crawled around, poked and prodded my boat to make this happen.

I cant say enough good things about Brian, Bill and Sean at Exile for there quality and there drive to make it the best. Each box they had made was tested, and even when everyone else said dam that's a great sounding box. Brian and Bill would look at each other and say, no it still isn't perfect. That woofer can do more and the box isn't done till that woofer is maxed out.

You just don't get quality like this very often anymore. These guys really care about there products, name and company. This quality shows threw all there components.

There speakers are some of the if not the best sounding out there, and if you have any problems you can call these guys and its fixed. Not to may big names out there do this anymore. Its the good ole small company knowing the owner excellent service deal that has been forgotten in the world today with most products.

I am not only pleased but honored they selected my boat as the first boat to do this for, over the last 6 months of talking, hanging out, and spending many late nights over a beer, food and just working in there shop, i can attest these are just good down home guys trying to make a product that's as solid as there own word.

I really encourage anyone local, or not local, if you get the chance to stop by Exile and see there products, meet Brian and Bill you will see how down to earth these guys are and how helpful they are.

One last example of these guys, i cant keep track of how many days i spend down at Exile helping out with what i can, working on my boat, but Brian buys lunch all the time, they fixed a pop noise in my stereo when turning it off. Like i said these kinds of things arnt normal for a company to do for there people but Exile does. Its really cool to spend time with these guys.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

That is a great write up, and good questions Razz!

Any pictures of the box before it was installed?
    2013 Outback V

When is this box going to be available for purchase? I like it!
    2007 Moomba LSV

Looks great man and looks like you have more room than I do, but prolly have longer legs too.LOL
    06 Outback V

Ian - somewhere on the forum there was some video of the tech tune sessions but here's a link to the youtube video on the box.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8DUDbDEako

Ausbill - enclosure is ready now. PM me for info. But you're behind, Razzman, Levoy, Chad and Cab.

Cheers guys!

-Brian

Mike the box looks great!!! I'll admit it I am jealous.
    Nate

Quote Originally Posted by thesack View Post
    Mike the box looks great!!! I'll admit it I am jealous.
    Haha wait till you hear this one. I actually had a headache this afternoon after jamming out on it LOL.

My boat comes out of the Exile shop Sunday FYI lol
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by Brianinpdx View Post
    Ian - somewhere on the forum there was some video of the tech tune sessions but here's a link to the youtube video on the box.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8DUDbDEako

Ausbill - enclosure is ready now. PM me for info. But you're behind, Razzman, Levoy, Chad and Cab.

Cheers guys!

-Brian
    Very cool - so what is this magic material, and where can I buy it?
    2013 Outback V