Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

not sure I get a lawsuit. the nss and surfgate seem to result in a similar movement of the boat but are completely different from each other in how it achieves the intended results both in design and function.

It is interesting that both manufacturers have systems that hit the market at roughly the same time. both appear to have spent $$ and time in r&d. one would assume that the design and testing is kept under wraps and neither system looks to have been "rushed" to the market so could it be more a case of 2 manuf. creating similar ideas at a similar time?
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    not sure I get a lawsuit. the nss and surfgate seem to result in a similar movement of the boat but are completely different from each other in how it achieves the intended results both in design and function.
    I had never looked at the NSS until you said this. I agree, the mechanism is very different. The question is how well did Malibu's lawyers protect the idea and make it broad enough, while still being specific, to cover for such an apparatus. I doubt Mastercraft will have an issue, as I thought about it I think their's are horizontally oriented plates and basically just trim tabs. Malibu's patent is specifically for vertical plates as far as I can tell.

BTW, I don't see a patent issued to Correct Craft specifically for their NSS...I wonder if they know it's an infringement and are just going to fight Malibu about it not being covered by their patent (and therefore also didn't apply), or if it's patent pending.
    Boats previously owned - 2000 Supra Launch, 2003 Outback, 2006 Mobius LSV

mastercraft's setup is actually used on many offshore powerboats to keep the boat from "walking" at high speeds. look at the rear of most donzi/fountains and you will see dual tabs. they were around before mastercraft started "surftabs". wonder if they will sue them?

heck, sanger had a movable tab system back in the late 60's on their vdrive gofasts. perhaps they should be suing everybody. they could use the money since they aren't moving many boats.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Default Moomba surf system??

Surfgate is well described in the patent where it refers to being mounted in the longitudinal axis.

To me.... The NSS mounts on the vertical axis.

I say, well played Correct Craft.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-9ZZKYBjbsJ...dinal-axis.jpg
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

I say who cares. I want a mojo because i love the mojo and i dont want ot spend 120000 on a boat. I love the mojo. All i want is a rear facing seat to watch the rider, a walkover transom and an easily adjustable surf wake. give me all three and i would easily drop 60-70k on a brand new mojo.

I didn't tought I was going to start a lawsuit discussion..lol....
    But surf system or not, I'm really looking to get a new Mojo next summer....just waiting my long term job confirmation....
    Sampp

2014 Mondo

Could be worst
    From nice Québec..

Default Moomba surf system??

I hope that if SC does come out with a surf system that it can be retrofitted to the hulls that are in production today.

NSS can be added by the dealers.
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

Default Re: Moomba surf system??

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    mastercraft's setup is actually used on many offshore powerboats to keep the boat from "walking" at high speeds. look at the rear of most donzi/fountains and you will see dual tabs. they were around before mastercraft started "surftabs". wonder if they will sue them?

heck, sanger had a movable tab system back in the late 60's on their vdrive gofasts. perhaps they should be suing everybody. they could use the money since they aren't moving many boats.
    Exactly, trim tabs are presumably not patented by a boat manufacturer since they are commonplace.

Sanger is still hanging in there? I rode one once and wasn't impressed. Same with Calabria...I'd say the Sanger was the better of the two. DO any of those boats even sell?

Sent from my fourth replacement Galaxy S2 using Tapatalk 4...

Quote Originally Posted by Boonejeepin View Post
    I hope that if SC does come out with a surf system that it can be retrofitted to the hulls that are in production today.

NSS can be added by the dealers.
    I was surprised it was only $2600 to have them add it. Sounds like they don't mark that up too much as I'm sure a big chunk of that is dealer labor.

Quote Originally Posted by mgswake View Post
    I say who cares. I want a mojo because i love the mojo and i dont want ot spend 120000 on a boat. I love the mojo. All i want is a rear facing seat to watch the rider, a walkover transom and an easily adjustable surf wake. give me all three and i would easily drop 60-70k on a brand new mojo.
    Amen. I can surf just fine behind my used $30k LSV.