Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

so is it better to run the rca's around the bow and power wires under the floor for the zld ???
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Please take measurements on the sub enclosure, I know a couple that may be making them too...
    2014 Mojo Surf
    2013 Mojo Sold
    2010 LSV Sold
    2002 OB LSV Sold

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    so is it better to run the rca's around the bow and power wires under the floor for the zld ???
    I ran all wires through the bow on Chases boat. Had a small noise issue that was fixed by running a ground from the HU to the amp ground distribution block.
    2013 Outback V

For those of you considering the 13 lsv or any of the boats where you can get this "moomba blur" graphic I just want to throw my opinion out there that you either get the boat naked or get the chrome lettering. When you try to whipe the boat down with either a towel or microfiber there are a thousand corners of the stickers to get caught on and have the edges raised. When you run a towel over these areas it feels like you hit a piece of sandpaper. I don't expect these graphics to last very long unfortunately. Much different than the large solid sticker that came on my 05.
    uploadfromtaptalk1350849002517.jpg
    2013 LSV
    2005 LSV - SOLD

I'm also not a fan of the graphics (or any graphics, for that matter).

Now, post some more stereo progress pictures!
    2013 Outback V

I took your advice and rerouted the wires around the bow, thank you for that tip. I am having trouble running the tower wires. I have a fish tape but its really weird since I didn't get the stock tower speakers my tower isn't prewired. The hole at the foot of the tower aren't big enough to fit two sets of 12 ga speaker wire through and the hole on the other side has the wires for the tower light going through. What did you guys do here?
    2013 LSV
    2005 LSV - SOLD

I ran down each side separately, using the exact fishing tape you have; it took 2 of us, using the following method;

Step 1: Drill a pilot hole from the factory hole with the grommet into the front down tube. I believe I used a 3/4 or 5/8" bit - bigger is better, and you won't see it when you are done. It makes step 4 a ton easier when the hole is bigger. Thats what she said.

Step 2: Fold the tower down about 3/4, having person #2 holding it up from the side you are fishing into.

Step 3: Leave about 4" of speaker wire extending past the leading edge of the fish tape, then use electrical tape to fasten a length of wire to the fish tape. The key here is to keep the tape tight, and not bulked up.

Step 4: Feeding from the bottom, push the wire and tape up the tower. The person holding the tower needs to look into the pilot hole and watch for the wire and/or tape. You want to push the wire just far enough so that you can grab it with a pair of needle nose pliers, tweezers, small screw driver, whatever.

Step 5: Once you have a hold of the wire you have to pull it hard enough to break the speaker wire free from the fish tape, then pull the fish tape back out the bottom.

Step 6: Decide where you want to mount the clamp, drill your holes, and fish the wire from the pilot hole over to the clamp hole.

Rinse and repeat on the other side.

We actually found it to be easier on the side with the tower light wires. All in all I'd say Chase and I took about 45 minutes to get both sides done, which is significantly less than what it took me to do my Outback.
    Last edited by ian ashton; 10-21-2012 at 05:35 PM.
    2013 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by lewisb13 View Post
    I took your advice and rerouted the wires around the bow, thank you for that tip. I am having trouble running the tower wires. I have a fish tape but its really weird since I didn't get the stock tower speakers my tower isn't prewired. The hole at the foot of the tower aren't big enough to fit two sets of 12 ga speaker wire through and the hole on the other side has the wires for the tower light going through. What did you guys do here?
    Enlarge the hole or go with 14ga, you'll be fine.

Finally got the wire pulled. Definitely need to support the tower if you are doing this by yourself.
    uploadfromtaptalk1351373165067.jpg
    2013 LSV
    2005 LSV - SOLD

Got some more wiring done.

uploadfromtaptalk1351457654267.jpg
    2013 LSV
    2005 LSV - SOLD