Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Try this. And this won't hurt anyone or anything at all - but it will definitely help you out too I think.
    Call your local dealer and setup a demo for a Mobius LSV and a Supra Sunsport 21V, the Mobius's comparison boat. I think you will then be able to feel the differences we are talking about and it doesn't cost you a dime!

...Except when you get the new boat fever after riding on one of them! Then we might see you posting up in the New Owners thread.
    Stephen
    2009 Mobius LSV
    Black and Yellow

I agree with most of the points here. I don't think I've ever ridden in a Moomba so I have little to offer but I did look at both when buying.

In the Supra line up, the 21v has always been a little different. It's nose and general shape is different from the 22 and 24, which remind me more of the lsv and xlv lines. This could be wrong because I didn't spec check but I'm thinking the Supra's typically have a wider beam for the same length in boat.

If I had to go pick today between a 2008 22ssv and a 2008 xlv loaded ... I think it would be a hard choice. It will be interesting to hear your take as it sounds like you might get to directly compare them side by side.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Quote Originally Posted by ditchsnake View Post
    Funny thing is If I had all the money in the world I'd have a Malibu. They were my favorite boat at the show.
    I think I could jump on that wagon too.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Default I hope this is ok to ask

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    I agree with most of the points here. I don't think I've ever ridden in a Moomba so I have little to offer but I did look at both when buying.

In the Supra line up, the 21v has always been a little different. It's nose and general shape is different from the 22 and 24, which remind me more of the lsv and xlv lines. This could be wrong because I didn't spec check but I'm thinking the Supra's typically have a wider beam for the same length in boat.

If I had to go pick today between a 2008 22ssv and a 2008 xlv loaded ... I think it would be a hard choice. It will be interesting to hear your take as it sounds like you might get to directly compare them side by side.
    I won't spend much time on the moomba as that is the x wife, we get along great but we don't vacation together. I have been on their boat in the water once and in the boat a few other times, I will be on the supra alot.

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    I think I could jump on that wagon too.
    I recently was at the boat show and the Malibu was the best looking boat at the show, but would not be my first choice for a wakeboard boat if money was no concern. That would be the G23, it's not the best looking boat but its a pretty amazing "water tractor"

Quote Originally Posted by jsta281 View Post
    I recently was at the boat show and the Malibu was the best looking boat at the show, but would not be my first choice for a wakeboard boat if money was no concern. That would be the G23, it's not the best looking boat but its a pretty amazing "water tractor"
    Having the money or not paying 125+k for a wake boat is ridiculous! At that range you are getting into really nice cruiser territory. Unless someone is a budding pro or has some crazy need to compensate for something they lack or make them look/feel cool I think that boat and any other in that range is completely unnecessary and ridiculous...IMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by E4NASH View Post
    Having the money or not paying 125+k for a wake boat is ridiculous! At that range you are getting into really nice cruiser territory. Unless someone is a budding pro or has some crazy need to compensate for something they lack or make them look/feel cool I think that boat and any other in that range is completely unnecessary and ridiculous...IMHO

I would not know what to do with a cruiser so no thanks. As for the G I agree the price is crazy and the boat unnecessary for 99% of is out there but that's not stopping sales. Over on PN it seems every few days a "my new G23" thread pops up. Short of tripling my annual income or winning the lottery I would never spend my hard earned dollars on a 125k boat. But if someone was giving them away and I got to choose . . . G23.

Quote Originally Posted by jsta281 View Post
    I would not know what to do with a cruiser so no thanks. As for the G I agree the price is crazy and the boat unnecessary for 99% of is out there but that's not stopping sales. Over on PN it seems every few days a "my new G23" thread pops up. Short of tripling my annual income or winning the lottery I would never spend my hard earned dollars on a 125k boat. But if someone was giving them away and I got to choose . . . G23.
    Oh but if you had a G and that 409 we could be besty's!
    -Jake

Quote Originally Posted by E4NASH View Post
    Having the money or not paying 125+k for a wake boat is ridiculous!
    There are plenty of folks who think paying $40k - 60k for a boat is ridiculous. Of course, they don't own yachts. Saw a show the other night with a $4 mil houseboat. If you're loaded, $125k for a nice boat or car is kind of minor. For some it's just a business expense.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    There are plenty of folks who think paying $40k - 60k for a boat is ridiculous. Of course, they don't own yachts. Saw a show the other night with a $4 mil houseboat. If you're loaded, $125k for a nice boat or car is kind of minor. For some it's just a business expense.
    To each their own I guess. However, I must say if I could, I would have no problem dropping 400k on a Ferrari 458 Italia Spider.

SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...