Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I did my own. Man was it a process but a couple of cases of beer later and it turned out great.

-Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

Remind me- you stripped all the covers and resewed yourself or had them done? It does look sharp.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

That it does. I had that gator grip on my platform on the Outback. Very comfy. How is it to keep clean?
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Yeah it was definitely buy a sewing machine and figure it out. In reality it was not bad you just have to be patient. Pulling staples was the biggest pain by far.

I love the Gator Grip. I have to finish the ski locker door and the bow but it is so much nicer then carpet. I have a semi-stiff bristle brush that I use with mild soap to clean it. It isn't the easiest but it is easier then taking the carpet out all the time.
    -Mark
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

Any tips on the 'buy a sewing machine and figure it out'? I'm just about to undertake a similar project for both vinyl and carpet. Where'd you buy material from?

Thanks.

karl

Quote Originally Posted by New Guy View Post
    Yeah it was definitely buy a sewing machine and figure it out. In reality it was not bad you just have to be patient. Pulling staples was the biggest pain by far.

I love the Gator Grip. I have to finish the ski locker door and the bow but it is so much nicer then carpet. I have a semi-stiff bristle brush that I use with mild soap to clean it. It isn't the easiest but it is easier then taking the carpet out all the time.

I don't get why you would spend that kind of money and not spend a little more to have it oem.

Default Re-upholstery cost?

Quote Originally Posted by kelauben View Post
    Any tips on the 'buy a sewing machine and figure it out'? I'm just about to undertake a similar project for both vinyl and carpet. Where'd you buy material from?

Thanks.

karl
    I got Keyston vinyl from Perfect Fit. Mine was a Supra flagship model at the time it was made and boasted top of the line 40oz vinyl, the Keyston was much higher quality. I got my carpet from perfect fit too but next time I will get Corinthian.

-Jake

Jake is the man to talk to lol.

These guys are where I got my samples from.
    www garys upholstery dot com

Sewing machine was a mid line walmart special. Looking back I wish that I would have found a unit on craigslist specific for upholstery but this one still works.
    -Mark

"Hey you only live once"

Quote Originally Posted by cornrickey View Post
    I don't get why you would spend that kind of money and not spend a little more to have it oem.
    When I bought my boat in 2002 there was two things that people had issues with, upholstery and the boat covers. Over the years, I have replaced my vinyl except for the engine seat which is cracking and aftermarket is much better quality. So I would rather use a local upholster to change the vinyl out and I never would go with oem.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

sorry, forgot to add the quote. I was referring to guys going plain pattern instead of the color patterns.