Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by Sampp1963 View Post
    Ok thanks.
    This is not the case with a Mondo since there is no center locker. You have to go around the bow or drop down the hole where the battery cables are, come across in front of the gas tank, then up on the driver side. You can lift up the center floor and see how they ran wires across from the factory. I run my sub power wires this route and the WS420 wires around the bow.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody929 View Post
    I'm not sure why they have access in the starboard side of that rear crossbar only.
    XTP drills it prior to welding so they can run the tower light wire.... Why in the heck they dont do it on the port is very frustating...

Congrats on the Stereo - Looks very nice. From the pictures, I'm guessing King Pin installed? Looks like their install area. I might have missed it someplace if it was mentioned.

In anycase, hopefully I'll see you on the water.

Cheers!

-Brian / Exile

Quote Originally Posted by mcdye View Post
    This is not the case with a Mondo since there is no center locker. You have to go around the bow or drop down the hole where the battery cables are, come across in front of the gas tank, then up on the driver side. You can lift up the center floor and see how they ran wires across from the factory. I run my sub power wires this route and the WS420 wires around the bow.
    Well I guess it will be easier to go around the bow...that's how I did it on my outback 2006..
    Mrd8kr....you have a Mondo? Centre locker?
    Sampp

2014 Mondo

Could be worst
    From nice Québec..

How bad would an open air sub sound on the panel under the helm? My wife keeps giving me strange looks when I talk about spending more money on the new boat. Looking to go with a Kicker 11KM10 between this and an amp I'm under a few hundred.

Quote Originally Posted by patrick232 View Post
    How bad would an open air sub sound on the panel under the helm? My wife keeps giving me strange looks when I talk about spending more money on the new boat. Looking to go with a Kicker 11KM10 between this and an amp I'm under a few hundred.
    That's a decent sub that is kind of a quasi infinite baffle. It will definitely work as a free-air woofer with a slight reduction in power handling. So normally I would say go ahead with it. However, an infinite baffle (IB, free-air) woofer still needs an enclosure just like all woofers do. The difference is that an IB woofer likes an expansive enclosure, even an infinite enclosure. This makes taking advantage of existing boat compartments such as seating or helm consoles convenient and inexpensive. But you must have total front to rear acoustic isolation for at least a distance of 5.5 feet away from the woofer in all directions. Your kickpanel/façade (if that description fits your particular boat) under the dash is wide open over the top and provides little to zero isolation. This means no deep bass, no damping (control) and extremely poor power handling. If you have a floor hump to install the subwoofer into this is an improvement but still less than ideal. I would wait and do it right with an enclosure. The right 10" correctly matched with the enclosure and power can do a really good job.

Quote Originally Posted by patrick232 View Post
    Thats an excellent marine sub, one of the best sounding IMO. But I would seriously consider putting it in an enclosure, as opposed to IB. Feed it a solid 250W rms.

Thanks for the advise. I will put in box. What thickness hdpe board was used for the box.

Quote Originally Posted by Sampp1963 View Post
    Well I guess it will be easier to go around the bow...that's how I did it on my outback 2006..
    Mrd8kr....you have a Mondo? Centre locker?
    Sampp1963 -

Sorry for the late response. It appears the wiring goes two different directions. Under the center walkway and up around the bow.

Starboard Side Locker (Under glove compartment)
    20140426_105340.jpg

Bow Starboard Locker
    20140426_105535.jpg

20140426_105552.jpg
    2014 Moomba Mondo - Exile Tower/Sub/ZLD/EXBT4/Amps (2x), Hertz Cabin - Evolution Cover - 650 IBS, 900s Rear, Center Hard Tank, Flow
    1969 Bayliner Tahiti - 120 HP Force Outboard - Gone but not forgotten