Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

UPDATE: Ok so, i had to re-do my port side yesterday! the pads are working great, the starboard side is still looking like it did the day i put it it, but the reason for the port slipping out, was i cut the pad too small, the outside screw/bolt cut its way out of the pad because there was not enough space from the hole for the screw to the edge of the pad, it cut out, hence pad started to eventually slip out.

so i made the pad cut a little bigger, showing about 1/2 inch of pad on each end of tower, i also tossed the wrench and got my socket set out, 7/16 w/ extension bar and a swivel socket, was able to tighten down MUCH better, i even re-tightened the startboard side just for good measure and was amazed on how loose i actually had the screw/bolts.

So my advice is make the new pad cut alittle bigger than your original pads and have them stick out a bit more so the screw holes cant slip and get "cut out" as easy and also get a swivel socket to tighten down a little better where it pushes/squeezes down the pad a little that should help w/ movement and slipping.
    Last edited by mmobius2001; 06-11-2013 at 03:16 PM.
    2006 Mobius LSV

Yeah, I just had the dealer do this for me...so much easier.
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by E4NASH View Post
    Yeah, I just had the dealer do this for me...so much easier.
    HAHA we had the dealer do it the first 2 years, on the 3rd i did it myself lasted till i sold the boat.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Its nice to have someone will small hands too. It was hard to get the screws back on underneath.
    2016 Mojo
    2010 Moomba LSV-Sold

Quote Originally Posted by snyderaaron View Post
    Its nice to have someone will small hands too. It was hard to get the screws back on underneath.
    Isnt that what kids are for? Everytime I asked my son to come to the shop, he first comment is "where do I have crawl into"?

Quote Originally Posted by mcdye View Post
    Isnt that what kids are for? Everytime I asked my son to come to the shop, he first comment is "where do I have crawl into"?
    hhahhahahha this is too funny!
    2017 Helix

Wakemakers 1050s
    Bow bag ( Surf edition)
    Autowake