Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Just Closed

Default Just Closed

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    I'm in New Orleans right now for a 2 day meeting today and tomorrow, then I head offshore Friday till Tuesday. Then Friday i fly to Russia for three weeks for a training school. Then as soon as I get home I go back offshore for a week and half. Then home for one week in may, then back offshore for three weeks. So by the time I get some
    Time off in June it will be like half way done or more lol.

Sent from my iPhone
    hope your getting a nice raise, your work is taking up a lot of your lake time. hopefully your being compensated for such a travesty.

sent from my home phone
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by ian ashton View Post
    Hot chick delivering pizza and beer? They might just build that big garage anyway to stretch the project out!
    genius move!

Default Re: Just Closed

I dropped off a bag of diabetes and gatorade to our contractors last week.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Default Just Closed

Ok so our back yard does not come with grass, apparently that is our responsibility. I came up with about 2500 sq feet for the backyard, maybe a little more depending on the side yard and where the fence ends. A local nursery advertised a pallet of st Augustine for $130 and that's 450 sqft of coverage, so I'll need like 7. Anyone have any idea how much a pallet on this stuff weighs??

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Default Just Closed

Just under 2,000 pounds.
    -Jake

your truck can handle pallet, but that would be it. If you need that many pallets, you can try and negotiate free delivery from the nursery. Not a bad thing as you can direct them to spread the pallets around the backyard. Get plenty of help so you can get it off the pallets and on the ground ASAP.

Default Just Closed

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    your truck can handle pallet, but that would be it. If you need that many pallets, you can try and negotiate free delivery from the nursery. Not a bad thing as you can direct them to spread the pallets around the backyard. Get plenty of help so you can get it off the pallets and on the ground ASAP.
    I don't think they will be able to get a full pallet through the fence and I don't want them running over sprinkler heads with a fork lift...

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

When we did the back yard last year, they laid down 4/8 sheets to not run over the sprinkler system.

Couple things to look at.

How tall are the sprinkler heads, they need to come out of the ground about 4-6 inches to clear the sod and grass.

Thats another thing you cant just put sod down on dirt or you risk killing it all. You will need to put down a mixture of dirt. I cant recall the mixture name but it has several things mixed and this allows the grass to bond and grow. Also you will need to use a TON TON of water every day all summer or the grass will die in the Texas heat.

Our water bill was 100 a month higher then normal the first 3 months we had grass. We watered it at 4 am for 15 minutes, then again at 10pm for 15 minutes. The goal is it has to stay damp at the roots all the time.

Depending on when your house is done it might be best to wait till Feb 14 to plant the back yard. We had our house done in June, but did the back yard in March for that same reason.

Also with Sod if you cant get them to deliver, then you should rent a flat bed style trailer, it can handle more pallets. Plus its lower to the ground for unloading, and its a lot easier on your truck to Pull 2K lbs then carry it in the bed.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    I don't think they will be able to get a full pallet through the fence and I don't want them running over sprinkler heads with a fork lift...

Sent from my iPhone
    Take the fence down so they can. You will kill yourself carrying that much sod by hand from the curb to the back yard. Plus the more you handle it, the harder it is to work with as it starts to pull apart, etc. Or, you can run down to the QT with a couple hundred in your pocket and bring back some day laborers.

Carrying sod gets real old real fast.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!