Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I like the ZLD, it looks like you can control volume levels for all zones. I think it will be worht the dough.
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"
    REV10's, Revo6 xss, Kicker10, Kicker 12 CompR, various LED's

Quote Originally Posted by chawk610 View Post
    I like the ZLD, it looks like you can control volume levels for all zones. I think it will be worht the dough.
    No, it does not. It uses front/rear fade like you will find on a head-unit or any other automotive based EQ that you can find for half the cost. It just relabels it tower/in-boat.

The Tsunami RCA701-20 RCA cables that come with the "package" can be had for $9.00 each. Look at the features and functions of these devises and you will see they are all the same, just different sized knobs and placement on the front.

I used Pac LC1 knobs for a year or so to adjust the volume if you are looking to save coin.

I can't remember the kicker amp you got and if it's dedicated to the tower but it might actually have a line control as well.

All the options mentioned above should accomplish the task, in some form or function, of having control of tower vs in boats volume.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Yup, Brian once suggested PAC LC1 to me for a budget install. Example below (although it would take at least 2 if not 3 of them). Also an example of a Clarion unit that I have seen guys running:

http://www.amazon.com/PAC-Remote-Amp...ywords=PAC+LC1

http://www.amazon.com/Clarion-EQS746.../dp/B000EZV3T8
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Here is the concern with the PAC...if you have but a single RCA output on an entry level source unit that is located on the port side then you are having to divide that already lite voltage two or three times plus running 17 ft. 'to' and 17 ft. 'from' cables for a total of 34 feet. So in some applications it is a good remedy and a bad choice in others.
    Also, while inexpensive, take two of those plus the three long cables plus 'Y's, and suddenly the alternative 4-channel, dual-zone line driver/controller isn't much more and provides a real audible benefit.
    So I prefer either the line driver/controller or an EQ whenever the source unit is on the port side or whenever you have a source unit with a single set preout.

David

There are way more options than I thought after a quick google search. The ones I've seen used most on here are the ZLD, WS, Krypt, Clarion, and Pac LC1's. I'm not 100% happy with my Krypt but I've seen good reviews of all the rest from people on here.

Didn't see any reviews for this product but came across it. Looks like it has most of the functions that have been mentioned here and the price is pretty good. I don't know anymore than that, though. No clue on performance or function in the boat situation.

http://www.absoluteusa.com/mobile-el...em/eq-400.html

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...9SIA16R0CD4185
    Last edited by KG's Supra24; 02-20-2013 at 01:28 PM.
    2016 Moomba Mojo

The Kicker is 99.00, that is looking alright. The XZM350 I am using powers both the sub and towers. It has (2) different controls on one amp.
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"
    REV10's, Revo6 xss, Kicker10, Kicker 12 CompR, various LED's

With the sub on chnls 3/4 and the amp set to low-pas for those chnls, the optional Kicker ZXRC will control the sub level. It will not control full-range speaker with the amp set to Hi-pass or off though.

Default Help remember what it is

I've had both the wetsounds 420 and the exile ZLD. I think the ZLD is easier to use but the 420 does give you more options for adjustment of bass, mid bass, mids, and highs (you can set up the tower and cabins seperate, on the ZLD your adjustment for these applies for both cabin and tower.

I found I never used the PA on the 420 and being able to retain sub volume while rocking the towers is one thing I like about the ZLD. Both units feel quality and I did not feel that one sounded worse than the other.

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Default Re: Help remember what it is

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    Both units feel quality and I did not feel that one sounded worse than the other.
    Sent from my iPhone
    Agreed, I've read both are top notch. Definitely the two go to ones. My krypt has never let me down but i think it is introducing some "noise" into the line.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    2016 Moomba Mojo