Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KINGCOBRA View Post
    It took me a minute(or 5) to digest what fman did. Just to be straight, I'm going to attach hose to 3rd fitting on bag (the one that is currently plugged) and run that up to a Y-fitting to which I also connect the drain hose form bag and after the Y-fitting attach the check valve and then connect that to the thru hull fitting. Is that right? Thanks
    You got it! I had a pic but it got lost in the upgrade. I'll see if I have it saved on my computer tonight.

Here is the check valve: http://www.wakemakers.com/marine-check-valve.html
    and the wye fitting: http://www.wakemakers.com/hose-barb-wye.html

Just curious has anyone tried this from wakemakers; it seems a bit pricey though!

http://www.wakemakers.com/supra-moom...grade-kit.html

upgrade kit includes everything you need to add a dedicated vent connection without drilling any holes in your boat. Installation takes approximately 15 minutes, and when done, your bag will be vented correctly ensure any air that ends up in the bag (from trailering the boat, putting it on your left, etc.) is able to vent during filling. In some applications, that can mean an additional 200 pounds of ballast in a bag that looked completely full, but was actually half full of water and the
    08 LSV, Perfect Pass, Grav III, 325 Indmar Assault and I love it!

I believe that setup is exactly what we all have in mind just sourcing the parts seperately to lower the cost

2005 mobius lsv 2900lbs ballast
    2005 mobius lsv

Hey ga-lsv05, I just ordered my parts from wakemakers. I got the check valve and wye fitting that brain linked to above. I spent morning going to our home depot and lowes with no luck at finding them. I also ordered the hose from wakemakers. I've used them a few times and gotta say that they are great to work with. I was mainly hoping to find parts locally so that I don't have to wait for the delivery man.
    Scott
    '07 Mobius LSV
    Indmar Assault 5.7
    Gravity III- 1100 lb. in port locker, 2300 lbs total
    ACME 1617

Quote Originally Posted by KINGCOBRA View Post
    Hey ga-lsv05, I just ordered my parts from wakemakers. I got the check valve and wye fitting that brain linked to above. I spent morning going to our home depot and lowes with no luck at finding them. I also ordered the hose from wakemakers. I've used them a few times and gotta say that they are great to work with. I was mainly hoping to find parts locally so that I don't have to wait for the delivery man.
    Yea $44 isn't alot of money from wakemakers and they are great but i was thinking we could source the parts for like less than $20. Maybe not though if you've already looked

2005 mobius lsv

You'll waste that $24 savings driving all around looking for the parts. Remove the stress from your life. Call Wakemakers.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    You'll waste that $24 savings driving all around looking for the parts. Remove the stress from your life. Call Wakemakers.
    Nah i'll just leave it. The 2013 has a tank in the front right

2005 mobius lsv

yep. hard tank where the current "ski locker" bag is now and room up front for an IBS

Quote Originally Posted by ga-lsv05 View Post
    Yea $44 isn't alot of money from wakemakers and they are great but i was thinking we could source the parts for like less than $20. Maybe not though if you've already looked

I only had to spend $34 and that is with 12' of hose + parts, I had a $5 coupon for reviewing the 1100# upgrade I got from them. Your sig. says '05 LSV but your mentioned the 2013, sounds like you're making an upgrade.
    Scott
    '07 Mobius LSV
    Indmar Assault 5.7
    ACME 1617

My "only $34" should have included that $8 of that is shipping.
    Scott
    '07 Mobius LSV
    Indmar Assault 5.7
    ACME 1617