Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Things that make you say WTF MAN?!?!

I took Serenity into the Les Schawb as part of my purchase agreement to get the front of the truck lifted and add duel stabalizers.

Now i know this is a big truck and it takes up a lot of space, so i folded the mirrors in <power folding mirrors--yea thats worth pimp points-- LOL

Schawb calls me around 2:00 says truck is ready and i can picj it up, i tell them ok ill be there after you close just lock the keys inside i can get in threw the keyless entry. NP

At 4:00 they call back to say theres some scratches on the drivers door. Evidently they pulled the truck on the alignment rack and put in park, opened the door and it rolled back slightly and the door hit the lift. OK im thinking minor but np, they are saying they will fix it, its no big deal they will take care of everything. So im being pretty calm and say ok.

At 4:15 they call back again and say were sorry Mr Mandley theres a little more damage then that, its got a dent in yuor door as well too. So im thinking its by the door handle and im still being calm but getting more angry as now ive been called twice and each time its getting worse. Still they insist they will fix it up and i dont have to worry.

I pick the truck up and the dent is not by the handle. its by the front fender, i open the door and notice the dent aligns up to the door hinges. Also the door now opens father then it used to, and when you close it you have to now slam it shut or push it till its fully closed.

I call them the next day and explain the extent of the damage i found, and how the door doesnt operate correctly and it goingt o need a body shop repair. There of course like ohh, well, we didnt think it was that bad, ok well get some estimates and we will go from there.

What really happend i think, is the guy was done working on the truck, went to back it out and instead of asking for a spoter he opens the door and look back behind him and then back outs catching the door on the lift and over extending it.

Body shop tends to agree.
    one estimate is 1220 bucks to replace the hinges, remove door, completly disasemble it and paint it, then remove the front fender, remove the emblem and paint it as well, blend them both.
    second estimate is 1280 to do all the above plus remove the rear door disasemble it and paint blend it to the drivers door as well.

Needless to say im pretty angry the truck needs body work at all. Theres only 1 scrach on this whole truck and its by the tail pipe on the rear corner and its hard to see, looks like a rock chip.
    Now i have to deal with making sure all the cab looks the same dam color.

Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Ouch. That's enough to make you lose your cool.

given the quotes to Les Schwab? Hopefully they will make it right, and quickly.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Heads would roll. I'd be hot if they did that to my 12 year old rig, let alone a new truck.

PWI as usual...

Yea i told the guy i was doing my best to stay calm, my nickname isnt Malo for no reason LOL. Yea i was pretty hot about it. Still am, but i try to ignore it.

As for the repairs yes i turned in all the paperwork Monday and they are going to get back with me this week. If they are straight up about it then it should be fixed end of the month first week of March. Shop said they need the truck for a week. So that means i need a rental for at least 2 days to get to work. I can plan the repairs on my other 3 days off, but no one has commited to paying for the rental yet. One thing at a time i guess LOL
    [COLOR="#696969"]

whoa I'd be HOT! That's exactly what happened and I'd bet the employee gets an ass chew-in for that (at least I'd hope). Let's pray they make it right. Really wouldn't get any farther being livid and flying off the handle but can't say as I wouldn't have............
    I'd be for getting Les Schwaab to pay for rental car too. It's there issue you even need one in the first place.

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Yup i plan to hit them with that expense as soon as they repairs are approved.

Claudia has said shes surprised i havnt been more angry about it. I said dont mistake me dealing with this like an adult being calm as not being angry. Ohh im very angry LOL. Im just staying clam to make sure it gets fixed right. I dont need anyone thinking im more of an A hole to deal with them what i am already LOL
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Sucks and sorry it happen'd. I work in a shop and more than likely the guy who did the damage will personally be paying the bill not the shop for the repairs. This is one of the reasons I absolutely hate driveing somebody else's car while its in our shop.

my only advise is be upfront about needing a rentall, be calm when talking to the manager at that store, if he cant take care of it ask for somebody above him and again be calm and let them know what you expect. Flying off the hanlde will not help matters at all. At least thats my perspective from the other side.

Other thing, when you pick Serenity up from the body shop, look it over real good cause once you take it you accept how it looks and if you get home and notice something its much harder to get it handled then vrs leaving it with them and staying in the rentall--that puts the presure on them to get it right as the shop doesnt want to pay that rentall any longer than needed.

Good luck
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Glad they are going to make it right, but boy I would be hot.

I had two incidents one with a drive thru car wash that took off a motorized signal mirror off the denali and goodyear oil change that did the same driving back out of the bay.

at 500 a pop for the each mirror they were expensive oil change and cash was for each of the respective companies.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Mike, that outfit most likely has garagekeepers coverage that applies to their legal liability for damage to a customer's vehicle in their care. Their liability includes all of your expenses and damages (things you could collect if you sued them). Tell them you need the name of their insurer, their policy number and the contact information for their claims person. If they balk at all tell them you can find out the hard way by going directly to counsel at the corporate level.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    Sucks and sorry it happen'd. I work in a shop and more than likely the guy who did the damage will personally be paying the bill not the shop for the repairs. This is one of the reasons I absolutely hate driveing somebody else's car while its in our shop.
    Stacy, this is a risk inherent in running a shop. It should not be foisted off onto employees as there is insurance available to cover this kind of loss. If they ever try to stick you with paying for something like this, let me know. I guarantee you they will back down.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!