Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

ah. got it. makes complete sense.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by SONIC View Post
    Give the kicker KMTC9 or KMTC11 a look as well.
    Likely cheaper than the used WS option brand new and they sound better.
    Really? Ive only seen them for 1500 online.....without many reviews. MLA? got a review?

Check out this post on the Supra Moomba group on FB. Several people selling tower speakers on there, including Revs

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1786...74723889599756
    2019' Moomba Max

Quote Originally Posted by soonerbilly View Post
    Really? Ive only seen them for 1500 online.....without many reviews. MLA? got a review?
    mike spoke at length 3 or 4 months ago to me about the kicker speakers and was sold on them. kicker pricing doesn't seem to follow ws map pricing strategy and if you look around OR I would recommend reaching out to mike(mla) there are some discounts off msrp to be had. his price to us was less than rev's would have been. kicker has been around since before wetsounds was even thought of. great stuff and have used kicker for many years off and on.

I'd have them on my tower but they are still hlcd's and we wanted "conventional" speakers as we don't board so projection is not a selling feature for us.

I've been wanting get rid of a pair of my Rev 10's. Mounted on a Tige Tower. RGB lights. Great shape. No idea what they are worth, and I'm sure shipping would be a deal breaker. Anyways, let me know if you're interested. Maybe we can make it work.

012 (2).jpg

010 (2).jpg

008 (2).jpg

009 (2).jpg

Sonic is your man for a review. He's even got them running against a leading 8.8 coaxial. Maybe he'll post his review on this forum.

I can't speak to a price but I can give a review on the sound.
    Preface with everyone's ears are different so please no one get their panties in a wad:

I like high end audio and I like bass. My home setup is high end Klipsch, Marantz, tubes etc. I've got 200+ watts each running to my Klipsch and 6000 going to my subs. I've also built and sold speakers professionally so I (within reason of course) do know a thing or two about audio.

I have never cared for wetsounds rev series, I find them to be tuned/crossed/built/designed in a very unappealing way. They emphasize the higher frequencies too much. Marketing says it's to make the sound go further which is partially true but IMO it's at the expense of a decent balanced sound. They make me think someone really screwed with the equalizer when they are running flat. Shouty is the word I use, like someone with a high pitched voice is screaming next to you at your kids soccer game.

Enter the Kickers. They are still more mid-high forward than a nice coaxial (I've played them side by side with JL 8.8's)but have a more balanced sound overall than the wetsounds (In my opinion, obviously). They are still a horn loaded speaker so they can still be a bit shouty but it's much more reasonable.
    I ran them in my home stereo for a few days for testing and they play down to 50hz pretty well so they have better bass than any other tower speaker I have tested.
    They take 200 watts without flinching and are asking for more even at peak volume which is completely deafening in my house, had to put the wife and dogs outside for those tests.

I don't have them on the tower yet but I anticipate them to be the best of both worlds, they actually sound good AND they should project well to the surfer/rider.

I plan to replace a pair of JL 8.8's with them if that tells you anything.
    2020 Supra SA

Quote Originally Posted by SONIC View Post
    I have never cared for wetsounds rev series, I find them to be tuned/crossed/built/designed in a very unappealing way. They emphasize the higher frequencies too much. Shouty is the word I use, like someone with a high pitched voice is screaming next to you at your kids soccer game.
    it is refreshing to hear someone else say the same thing about them. having spent time on boats with rev's and last tige had 4 rev10's on it, they are WAY too bright for our taste.
    but people still buy them like candy......

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    it is refreshing to hear someone else say the same thing about them. having spent time on boats with rev's and last tige had 4 rev10's on it, they are WAY too bright for our taste.
    but people still buy them like candy......
    It’s The cooool factor man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People buy them because they have a good reputation not because they sound good. They got that reputation from people who don't know anything about audio and think that the only thing that matters is loud.
    When I was outfitting my tige all I heard was wetsounds wetsounds wetsounds. I didn't know any better so that's what I bought.
    Now I know better lol

In their defense they got poplar with the wakeboard crowd and they are great for that, as long as you're the rider and not in the boat hahah.
    Personally I don't care enough about the guy at the end of the rope to deafen myself in the process.