Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Dude, those look really good. Then one can powder coat them. 130$ for a pair, powder coated is a really good price. Are planning to open an online store, like amazon or something, or e-bay?
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 Yamaha Waverunner(Just to fool around)
    2018 F150 Lariat
    sport edition, 3.5lt ecoboost

Not sure yet, depends on how many people want them.

At the moment it's going to just be venmo or paypal for folks that want them.

I've got a few other products (plate style ballast weights and surf board racks) that I've been wanting to do as well but work's been so busy that i haven't made the time yet.
    Last edited by SONIC; 01-19-2021 at 04:01 PM.
    2020 Supra SA

older surf board tines would be a market BUT so many differnt ones out there.

I'd be all over a set of them for my tower but not sure I'm ready to drill/tap with some recent threads on a couple forums about tower welds failing. I know it's super rare BUT would be my luck I'd tap and structurally tower would fail.

now plate style ballast. I remember back in the late 00's some guys in idaho using deere tractor weights off the front end for ballast. worked well.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    older surf board tines would be a market BUT so many differnt ones out there.

I'd be all over a set of them for my tower but not sure I'm ready to drill/tap with some recent threads on a couple forums about tower welds failing. I know it's super rare BUT would be my luck I'd tap and structurally tower would fail.

now plate style ballast. I remember back in the late 00's some guys in idaho using deere tractor weights off the front end for ballast. worked well.
    Yeah I think I'd have to do clamp on for towers without mounting points as I'm not looking for the liability of telling people to drill into their towers lol.

The plates work awesome, I used them in my tige and now in my supra. 50 lbs ~16x20x.5 they just sit in the bottom of any compartment and take up no room at all. I can even cut them to shape to fit lockers etc
    2020 Supra SA

Final design:

Last edited by SONIC; 01-19-2021 at 05:17 PM.
    2020 Supra SA

Quote Originally Posted by SONIC View Post
    Yeah I think I'd have to do clamp on for towers without mounting points as I'm not looking for the liability of telling people to drill into their towers lol.

The plates work awesome, I used them in my tige and now in my supra. 50 lbs ~16x20x.5 they just sit in the bottom of any compartment and take up no room at all. I can even cut them to shape to fit lockers etc
    if you get around to weight plates and need a guinea pig to test a few out and try shipping them lmk
    the key will be coming in around the same price as leadwakes or the other lead ballast. I believe we were in the $1 per pound range shipped.
    if you decide to ship, might be easier to make them size consistent with the ups priority mail boxes that are flat rate with no weight limits. that seems to be how the lead companies are shipping them.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by SONIC View Post
    Final design:

How well will the powder coat hold up, especially at the base, given it is smooth. The rope around it will cause friction, will it wear out?. I guess its the same for the OEM tow points. Has anyone noticed any issues?
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 F150 Lariat

They will be sandblasted for powder coat so it won't be smooth when the powder goes on.
    I doubt it will ever be an issue. A rope isn't going to cause enough friction to be a problem for powder.

They could potentially be powder coated only on the face, but I don't think it's necessary
    2020 Supra SA

Sign me up for a pair, powder coated white. My boat gel colors are red/white/black. The tower is missing some white. No rush, I wont have my boat for another 3 months.
    2020 Supra SL 400
    2015 Moomba Mojo(Sold)
    2018 F150 Lariat

Any reason not to chamfer the bottom side of the top face? I tend to find every sharp part on my boat and I'd find this one with my head. Ouch. Probably not as bad once it's coated.