Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Yet another ballast question for my OBV...

Adding an IBS looks like a ton of work (i.e. pumps, hoses, more holes in the boat, etc.) and the guys at wakemakers recommended that I upgrade the center sack first to this monster:

Size: 88"L x 19"W x 19"H
    Weight: 1180lbs.
    Ports: 2 fill/vent - 1 drain
    Model #: W842

I don't have access to the boat right now to check, but that seems very big for the size of my ski locker. Does anyone have this in their OBV and does it actually fit? And can you actually fill it to capacity?

Thanks.
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

WOW! I can't see that fitting... the standard 400 pound bag seems to take up 100% of the room in there from what I remember... Do they mean to have it on top? Here's the details I got from dealer a while back about standard sizes of the bags :
    Outback V (3 Bag Opt) - Front Bag 10x16x70 = 400 lbs. - Rear Bags 12x20x46 (2) = 400 lbs. ea Total: 1200 lbs.
    ----------------------------------------
    2014 Moomba Mojo 2.5
    2013 Moomba LSV (Sold)
    2013 Moomba Outback V (Sold)
    2002 Mastercraft X-5

Agreed -- width and height of the stock bag pretty much fill the locker, but I'm not sure if there isn't more room lengthwise that is not being utilized.
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

You got me wondering if there is a bigger bag that fits in the front/center ski locker on the LSV. I assumed the 400 in there was all you get.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I'll check back with the guys at wakemakers and let you know what they say.
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

That sounds like the gravity 3 sack that comes in some of the larger boats playpen areas. That is what I have in the bow of my 24. Seems awfully large for a locker and not a playpen.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

not sure, but pretty sure that size bag is way to large for the locker, my 08 with the factory bag filled the comparment full and would open the locker door.

why not just piggy bag a ibs off the vent line to fill --no new holes drilled or pump added. very simple to add a single drain pump for the ibs to drain out the vent with a y fitting and 2 check valve
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

I can't afford the space of the IBS. Wish they made a 1/2 size IBS that would save a little storage room.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    I can't afford the space of the IBS. Wish they made a 1/2 size IBS that would save a little storage room.
    i thought that to at first, i was able to relocate some of the stuff i kept up front, but you do have a few more peeps with ya normally
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

I kinda with you guys -- I don't think the center locker is that big but the guy at wakemakers is not backing off his recommendation even after I asked him a couple of different ways.......see email exchange below:

Bryan (WakeShops.com)

Aug 01 12:16 pm (PDT)

Hi Mike,
    Almost all of it, your lockers are very large.

Regards,

Bryan

Mike Nehrkorn

Aug 01 11:32 am (PDT)

Sure, I understand it would expand to fill the space, but how much space is available and how much of the 1180 lb bag would actually be filled?

Bryan (WakeShops.com)

Aug 01 11:27 am (PDT)

Hi Yes,
    The sac is very large and would completely take up all the space in your ski lockers, this is only a suggestion and is not completely necessary unless your are only concerned with a monster wake. Every sac is collapsible and will fill and conform so this is the case 99% of the time. Cheers,

Regards,

Bryan

Mike Nehrkorn

Aug 01 11:18 am (PDT)

Thanks for the info. That fly high center sac [the one I mentioned in my initial post] you mentioned seems huge -- you sure that will fit in my OBV?
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate