Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Default What's a ballpark on pricing?

We are looking to order a Craz around the first of the year. We are building things out now. We have a budget that is right at what we can build the boat for but will basically need the tax taken off the maintain budget. My question is are we realistic in being able to get 10-11% off a new build or should we be thinking about used? I like the idea of getting the initial depreciation taken off with used but I doubt that we will find the color scheme we really want. I dont like the idea of settling to save a few thousand. Just for kicks I built out a mojo to see how far off we were and it looks like it would take about 15% off to get us there. Out of the question? I understand that these boats don't have as much negotiating wiggle room as some of the high end brands just trying to get the percentage off ball park we should be prepared for. Thanks!

If you can hold out until the 2020s come out, you can get a heck of a deal on a leftover 2019. I have bought my last 3 boats in this manner. No one can give you an exact percentage, but its significant after the new model year drops.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

Yep, Once they start releasing 2020, dealers will be trying to get rid of anything with 2019 year on it. Great deals.

Word of caution, SC boats are selling like crazy this year. So a 2019 will be 1) in shorter supply and 2) will sell quick when discounted. Be ready if you find your color.

If you are ready, the 2020 boat shows will have great pricing. Not sure of your location. That will be Q1 of 2020.

For example, guess how many new Supras our local Knoxville dealer has and it’s not June 1st? Zero. Thus, won’t be many to sell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Supra SL400

Quote Originally Posted by MJHSupra View Post
    Yep, Once they start releasing 2020, dealers will be trying to get rid of anything with 2019 year on it. Great deals.

Word of caution, SC boats are selling like crazy this year. So a 2019 will be 1) in shorter supply and 2) will sell quick when discounted. Be ready if you find your color.

If you are ready, the 2020 boat shows will have great pricing. Not sure of your location. That will be Q1 of 2020.

For example, guess how many new Supras our local Knoxville dealer has and it’s not June 1st? Zero. Thus, won’t be many to sell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I was thinking of trying to get something going at the boat show in Nashville. Figured it would prob be one of the better times to negotiate an order. What is the typical increase in price from year to year on the new models? I know you guys can't give specifics on prices but am I reasonable to assume that a deal could be made fairly easily in the 10% off range on a new order at the boat show? Thanks again for the insight this is a huge purchase for the family just trying to get all my ducks in a row ahead of time.
    Last edited by Surgical_ass; 05-29-2019 at 07:40 PM.

The boat show each year offers specific deals, that's really the best you're going to do all year. Most of the time they will offer money off and maybe an extended warranty or free upgrades on the boat. If you find a leftover you can live with, jump on it. Big discount over current model and full warranty, sometimes extended as well.
    2018 Supra SA400 aka The Ron Burgandy
    2011 Sea-Doo Wake 155
    2015 Mojo Surf, sold...2013 Axis A22 Recon Edition, sold...2010 Axis A22, sold...2007 Maxum 1800sr3, sold

surgical,
    not sure I'd hold out for a leftover since it appears color is going to be a big deal for your group. spend a little extra coin to get the color you want rather than saving a buck to fit a payment and stuck with a boat you are not really happy with and have to look at every day.

mj is right on some respects in that boats are selling well this year but there will be leftovers and shipping a boat is not real expensive in the grand scheme of things. there's still a few leftover '18's on onlyinboards and sure if you really searched there's more out there on CL/KSL and other avenues.
    being in TN offers a lot of states with good shipping options. there will be dealers with 2020's on the lot in a month and quite a few of those will sit over the winter so you might even get a deal on a current model buying it in oct/nov.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I've never been told not to disclose the deal I got but I notice people are reluctant to do so. In 2018 the Max msrp at a boat show was 78k, but that was with 4250 for freight, so the boat itself was 74k. Boat show price was 69k. Similar deal this year, although the base price went up, or at least the options made it so (better tower, gator step, etc.). In my mind, the show discount accounted for sales tax. Basically, show discount plus tax equals MSRP on the build. That's how I looked at it. Worked out great. You are so close to the factory that your freight may not be that high.
    19 Max
    Fully Exiled

At what point for orders do you start ordering 2020 vs 2019? November or so?

I was waiting to hear what the boat show incentives were, and it was 1500 off and 2 extra years warranty. I told my dealer I was waiting and at the end of Dec. he told me he could get me the incentives then. Boat show was over a month away, but I got the extra warranty. I never did ask about the 1500 off because he threw in triton racks and extra ballast, plus some smaller things. Another thing to consider if you order a boat is the build date. Dealers only get a certain amount. For example, I had my choice of Feb, March, or May, and only those would have gotten my boat to me before summer. I put a deposit down in October to hold my spot, then finalized everything late December. I could have saved several thousand and bought a leftover 18, but I really wanted the new upgrades and wanted my own colors. Well worth it. Couldn't be happier.
    19 Max
    Fully Exiled

most boat manufacturers with a spray date after the beginning of July will tag them as a next year model. you will see 2020's on dealer lots and onlyinboards around the first of august.

current model year or custom order from what I have seen over the years on here, Kirby is pretty much spot on. if you get 5-8% off msrp you're doing pretty good. dealers will often toss in all kinds of other stuffs to make the deal but once they are a holdover would expect a few more % off but now you are stuck with what's on the lots.

sure you know this but if it's sitting on the lot you have a better negotiating position. if it's a custom order, you really aren't in the drivers seat as the dealer doesn't have any skin in the game yet. most can get you a spray date anytime as they will negotiate another boat dealers spec boat spray but this will cost you extra-meaning less discount.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten