Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Glad you got it figured out. Sounds like it was picking up noise from the fuel pump. Mine is doing that same thing but I haven't had time to troubleshoot it. ALL my stereo gear is grounded to the stereo battery neg post so I'm not sure where I'm picking up the hiss. I can't hear it once the stereo is turned up so not too concerned about it.
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    Glad you got it figured out. Sounds like it was picking up noise from the fuel pump. Mine is doing that same thing but I haven't had time to troubleshoot it. ALL my stereo gear is grounded to the stereo battery neg post so I'm not sure where I'm picking up the hiss. I can't hear it once the stereo is turned up so not too concerned about it.
    i have the same issue. its a real low volume hiss and you can only hear it when the volume is all the way down or very very low
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    i have the same issue. its a real low volume hiss and you can only hear it when the volume is all the way down or very very low
    Yeah, very annoying when it goes quiet between songs.
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

Quote Originally Posted by philwsailz View Post
    Hey 'Goose-

A few questions for ya:

1. DId you use the power wiring that was there already, (200.4) or did you install new 4ga wire for the 700.5?

2. Where is your head unit power wiring connected?

I ask these two questions first since the noise you are getting is associated with a voltage potential difference between the head unit and the amp. Using the too-small stock power wiring can cause this. Additionally, we want to take steps to make sure the head unit is at the same voltage potential as the amp. This often gives us the opportunity to try the very simple re-wire job that David already pointed out, specifically taking your three head unit power wires and connecting them directly to the amp:

Your yellow power wire goes straight to the amp's B+ terminal. Your red power wire also goes to the amp's B+ terminal, but through a switch o relay of some sort that will allow the stereo to be turned on and off. Finally the radio's black power wire goes to the amplifiers negative terminal.
    90% of the time, this simple head unit re-wire will remove the4 whine and noise you describe.

The fix will be easy, but you need to take a systematic approach. One thing at a time.... Replacing the RCA cables might do the trick, so don;t rule that out. But, check your power wiring first, then move down the chain, checkign things one step at a time. It can be intimidating for the average Joe, kind like looking under the hood of a car, but it really is very simple and straaight-forward.

Let us know!

Phil
    Kicker
    Your solution was right there on page 1 goose....

Phil
    Kicker

Quote Originally Posted by philwsailz View Post
    Your solution was right there on page 1 goose....

Phil
    Kicker
    Yep. I was just too scared to try it.

Once cab was suggesting the same thing, I figured I gotta try it.
    2008 Outback V - gravity III ballasts, perfect pass star gazer, hydraulic wake plate, depth finder, water stainer, rad-a-cage tower, board racks, tower mirror, bimini top, audio package d, graphics package e, appearance package, cockpit & tonneau cover, mooring cover, black stainless rubrail, docking lights, OJ 14.25x14.0 prop.

Toys: Ronix Viva 136 with Kai bindings, Phase5 Drew Danielo Pro, Straight Line Sumo Sac 750lb, 450lb, 125lb ballast.

Quote Originally Posted by deafgoose View Post
    Yep. I was just too scared to try it.

Once cab was suggesting the same thing, I figured I gotta try it.
    Ok, this is just wrong. Phil is an audio engineer who works for a respected mobile audio company. I have no formal audio training whatsover, just on the job training, so to speak, doing my own installs. And reading stuff on the internet

So please, next time, take Phil's advice!

Al
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

I have the same issue. So you grounded your head unit to the amp? I have two batteries, and have everything grounded (both amps) to the same battery. The only thing that I don't have is the power lead from the speaker switch powered from the stereo battery. Wonder if this might help. The whine isn't horrible, but, I can hear it... I'm probably the only one who can, but still.

I was going back and forth with Phil last year about this, and got the noise reduced. Wonder if that power would be the next thing to try.
    2015 Supra SC400
    08 LSV - Sold
    Go big, or go home.

Quote Originally Posted by squeeg333 View Post
    I have the same issue. So you grounded your head unit to the amp? I have two batteries, and have everything grounded (both amps) to the same battery. The only thing that I don't have is the power lead from the speaker switch powered from the stereo battery. Wonder if this might help. The whine isn't horrible, but, I can hear it... I'm probably the only one who can, but still.

I was going back and forth with Phil last year about this, and got the noise reduced. Wonder if that power would be the next thing to try.
    Yep. That simple. I grounded the head unit to the negative on my amp and it solved my problem.

Quote Originally Posted by squeeg333 View Post
    The only thing that I don't have is the power lead from the speaker switch powered from the stereo battery.
    Speaker switch?
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    Ok, this is just wrong. Phil is an audio engineer who works for a respected mobile audio company. I have no formal audio training whatsover, just on the job training, so to speak, doing my own installs. And reading stuff on the internet

So please, next time, take Phil's advice!

Al
    I find it funny that 'goose thought moving the head unit ground was hard, but he was fishing the amp's negative wire all over the place for a ground other than at the battery.... fun stuff....

No harm 'goose, just having fun. I am SO glad you got it figured out!

You guys have a great day, and please send us rain here in north central Oklahoma. our lakes are dry and we need rain!

Phil
    Kicker