Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

The starter draw is likely causing an amp to power off, then back on, during cranking. Same that will happen if you interrupt the blue wire to the amp(s). the 1/2 position doubles the CCA to the starter and reserve to the amps.

Do you think changing the wiring/battery switch to the Blue Seas 7650 kit (which includes an ACR) would help isolate the amps better, or same problem since we are dealing with a software issue?

If Supra can’t come up with a solution and you want to keep the boat it would be worth looking into. That’d be my worthless .02! Lol
    When you get the pop on 1 or 2, are you giving the electronics time to fire up or are you just turning the key from off to start?
    If you shut the engine off and tell it to standby with audio, when you start does it pop again?
    Could you post a good picture of how the power and grounds for the amps are run?
    I doubt that has much to do with it, but its worth looking into.
    It sounds like the ICE box is sending the trigger to the amps too early, which would be a software issue.
    An easy test would be to have someone in the dog house pull the remote wires on the amps, start the boat, and then just shove the remote wires back in after a couple seconds. If it doesn’t pop, there’s your issue. The hard part becomes if its popping with the electronics in stand by mode.
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400

@Euro,

The blue sea DCP switch and ACR can separate the house loads and cranking loads, but...................its hard to say that there is not another solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Broke Pilot View Post
    If Supra can’t come up with a solution and you want to keep the boat it would be worth looking into. That’d be my worthless .02! Lol
    When you get the pop on 1 or 2, are you giving the electronics time to fire up or are you just turning the key from off to start?
    If you shut the engine off and tell it to standby with audio, when you start does it pop again?
    Could you post a good picture of how the power and grounds for the amps are run?
    I doubt that has much to do with it, but its worth looking into.
    It sounds like the ICE box is sending the trigger to the amps too early, which would be a software issue.
    An easy test would be to have someone in the dog house pull the remote wires on the amps, start the boat, and then just shove the remote wires back in after a couple seconds. If it doesn’t pop, there’s your issue. The hard part becomes if its popping with the electronics in stand by mode.

Checked a few things this weekend. We definitely wait long enough in that it will pop when launching. Boat has been on with the blower for several minutes before trying to start and it will pop. Sadly, it also pops after being on with the audio only on in standby. We did not try the removal of the remote wires on the amp. It is pointing more and more to a software issue.

2018 SA and I get the amp pop on start up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2021 Supra SA 400
    2018 Supra SA 400 (SOLD)
    Michigan

Anyone have any luck with the stereo pop on the SL? I can't take it anymore.
    2018 Supra SL
    2013 Nautique 210
    2011 outback v
    1992 Sunbird

JL amps are supposed to have a built in soft start feature. Did you try pulling the remote wires, start the boat then put the remotes back?
    We’ve got to narrow down the conditions it happens under. You need to try having the electronics stable and powered before introducing the remote power to trigger them.
    If it’s a software issue that can’t be cleared up soon, and the remotes are getting triggered to early by the ICE, this could be as simple as cutting the wire and putting a switch in to delay the power until SC can fix it.
    Overkill is underrated

2006 Supra 24SSV Gravity Games- traded but never forgotten

2017 Supra SA 400

Almost every amp has a turn-on muting, but it only works if the entire sequence is maintained. I think we have an issue where something is not wired correctly, or theres a voltage drop, causing the sequence to be altered.

Mine still pops every time I start it up...does not matter if I wait for the full cycle of the start up or if I just crank the key right off the rip.

Whatever it is...my buddy has a 2019 SL450 and his does not do it. Same exact stereo other than new Vision Control screens that are on the 2019s.

When I had mine in for the 100 hour service I asked them to check and upgrade any firmware updates on the system and there was nothing available.
    2018 Supra SL550 with 850lbs of lead wake
    2017 Supra SA400 (Sold)
    2016 Moomba Mojo Surf Edition (Sold)
    2017 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2019 Ford F250 Super Duty (Sold)
    2021 GMC Denali 2500
    Soulcraft Vodoo
    Soulcraft Jordi Pro
    Soulcraft Super AV
    Phase Five Matrix