Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Aaron you'll get plaenty of wave outta the 750. Here's a couple of shots on mine a friend just sent me from the last trip, surfed 'till dark (kinda burry) but you get the idea, just add a few peeps and you have plenty.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2007 Mobius LSV

noice Razz!
    2009 Outback V

Sweet pics Razz......always nice to see our babies in action...
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

I can't wait until I can get my new girlfriend behind the boat. She's from Florida and said she has wakeboarded a few times.

Just in case anyone else is thinking about doing this, I wanted to clarify a couple of points:

2002-2008 boats: You will need to reroute your fill line when installing Fat Sacs as the new bags are taller than the old ones, and the fill hose connects to the top.

2009+ boats: Your fill/drain hose connects to the bottom of the bag, which is in the same place regardless of the size, so you do not need to worry about extending or rerouting the hoses at all.

A 750 alone performs well in the new Outback, but some extra weight up front will really help clean up the wake and elongate the pocket.

Razz,
    Nice pics.........thanx for sharing

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Quote Originally Posted by you da man View Post
    I can't wait until I can get my new girlfriend behind the boat
    Allright, fellas, let's watch the language.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Allright, fellas, let's watch the language.
    HA HA HA
    2009 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by jasonwm View Post
    Just in case anyone else is thinking about doing this, I wanted to clarify a couple of points:

2002-2008 boats: You will need to reroute your fill line when installing Fat Sacs as the new bags are taller than the old ones, and the fill hose connects to the top.

2009+ boats: Your fill/drain hose connects to the bottom of the bag, which is in the same place regardless of the size, so you do not need to worry about extending or rerouting the hoses at all.

A 750 alone performs well in the new Outback, but some extra weight up front will really help clean up the wake and elongate the pocket.
    I have the 05 outback V and just purchased the 750lb sacs for the rear and the Gravity games 1180lbs sac for the front . Does anyone have any more info on how to "reroute" the fill hoses in the rear for the new larger 750 lbs sacs. Pics would be great? Do I need to buy new longer ones or just "reroute" the oem ones?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    aaron,

Congrats on the new boat and welcome to the forum. The Tusnami pump that you provided a link to is the standard way to fill portable bags. You plug the power cord into the cigarette lighter and throw the pump overboard to fill. To empty, you attach the pump end to the bag, and throw the hose end overboard. You have to push down on the pump constantly to make sure it is drawing water from the bag and not air.

The third hole in the sac is a vent. You wil sometimes get air in the bag so this allows you to get the air out. On some boats (not Moombas), there is a line connected to this third fitting that connects to the evac line.

In 2009, Moomba went to Jabsco reversible pumps on the ballast system - there is now one pump per bag that both fills and emptied each sac. Before 2009, there was one fill pump that went into a manifold with three solenoid activated valves which controlled which bag the water went thru. Each bag then had it's own empty evac pump.

The 750 is a plug and play upgrade but as other have mentioned, be sure to buy the appropriate quick connect fittings and caps for the bags as I don't think they come with any.

Hope that helps.

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by cab13367 View Post
    aaron,

Congrats on the new boat and welcome to the forum. The Tusnami pump that you provided a link to is the standard way to fill portable bags. You plug the power cord into the cigarette lighter and throw the pump overboard to fill. To empty, you attach the pump end to the bag, and throw the hose end overboard. You have to push down on the pump constantly to make sure it is drawing water from the bag and not air.

The third hole in the sac is a vent. You wil sometimes get air in the bag so this allows you to get the air out. On some boats (not Moombas), there is a line connected to this third fitting that connects to the evac line.

In 2009, Moomba went to Jabsco reversible pumps on the ballast system - there is now one pump per bag that both fills and emptied each sac. Before 2009, there was one fill pump that went into a manifold with three solenoid activated valves which controlled which bag the water went thru. Each bag then had it's own empty evac pump.

The 750 is a plug and play upgrade but as other have mentioned, be sure to buy the appropriate quick connect fittings and caps for the bags as I don't think they come with any.

Hope that helps.

Al
    Hi Al, i hope it's ok that im reviving this thread. im a new member and a new Moomba owner. Its a 2011 LSV but pretty much new given it only had 35 hrs on it!
    Took it out with my 2 kids and if course, my oldest son was complaining about the wave not being good enough to give him that push. Of course it will help if we have more people in the boat.

Ok, this is my first post and please be patient. Im a car guy and 100% new to lake life. This is my first boat. Im planning to upgrade the 2 rear ballasts to 750lb fatsacs.

From what i understand, this LSV has 1200 lbs aleady. The sac in the front (right beside the drivers seat) does not look like it can hold 400lbs. Its skinny. How does this boat come with 1200lbs of ballast? 400 in each of the 2 rear and 400 in the front/middle?? It almost seems like 400 in each of the rear and 200 in the front.

Anyways, its not enough if i just have my 2 kids. So is it safe to assume that if i upgrade the 2 rear to 750lbs each and leave everything else the same, is this sufficient? Is it 400lb in the front stock?

And my next question which was the main reason of this post, Al, you mentioned that although this upgrade is a plug and play, you will need quick release connectors. Can you tell me if the link below is the connector that i need and if so, how many of these?

Thanks in advance. Again, my knowledge about wake surf boats is quite minimal but learning quickly.

This is the bag: https://martinmotorsports-store.ca/p...SABEgKrb_D_BwE

This is the connector: https://martinmotorsports-store.ca/p...connect-socket

Thanks.