Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

There is something to be said for coming out at 7am, pour a couple of coffee, walking maybe 100ft, and having this.

No, it doesn't last all day. Well maybe if you get lucky.

Few summers ago I did sort of an impromptu stay-cation. Friends were camping on the beach out of Camas on the Columbia. I played hookie from work, we went out Thursday morning, stayed til dark. They hit the tents, we went home to our nice dry clean house. Played hookie again on Friday - same routine. Thought about camping out with them, but bagged it. Came home at o'dark thirty. Got up early Saturday - same thing. Got up early Sunday - same thing. Rolled in around 10pm Sunday night and had to go to work the next day. One of the best non-traveling vacations I can remember. Only downside was about $450 in gas in a real short amount of time but I'd do it all over again.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

^^^^^^ that is beautiful for sure. Another consideration is that if I wanted to, I have access to moor on the side of my friend's Hayden Island houseboat from time to time. If we were gonna do a few days in a row, it might be fun to tie up there...

As far as how much boat gas you blew through, I have to imagine that it'd be the SAME amount as you'd blow through on a lake. just without the camping fees and truck gas to get to central OR.

BTW, I picked up my son at PDX on Friday and we were driving across the 205 bridge at around 5:30pm. I almost drove into the jersey barrier when I saw how mirror smooth the water was along Marine Drive. The wife even asked if we had enough time to drive home and get the boat! (not a chance with our limited daylight). But WOW.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

You're missing a lot. Most people on the west side don't venture this far and that is a good thing for us. I thought this thread emphasized the crowds at Crescent and the condos and stuff. The best boating here doesn't have condos or motels nearby which means it doesn't have people and for a skier that is a good thing. You need a camper, motor home or tent to make this work. 90-100 degree days and no rain guaranteed from July through August and 75 degree water.

The good spots are Lake Roosevelt and Potholes reservoir. I have my vacation already planned out so the chances of meeting would be slim even over here. I noticed the people from the west side that do venture over here often do it every year as the quality of the vacation trumps the cost of getting there. If you go to Potholes be sure to bring a GPS as there are all these sand islands and if you get in far enough it would be difficult to find your way out without a lot of driving and there is usually no one to get directions from.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by zabooda View Post
    You're missing a lot. Most people on the west side don't venture this far and that is a good thing for us. I thought this thread emphasized the crowds at Crescent and the condos and stuff. The best boating here doesn't have condos or motels nearby which means it doesn't have people and for a skier that is a good thing. You need a camper, motor home or tent to make this work. 90-100 degree days and no rain guaranteed from July through August and 75 degree water.

The good spots are Lake Roosevelt and Potholes reservoir. I have my vacation already planned out so the chances of meeting would be slim even over here. I noticed the people from the west side that do venture over here often do it every year as the quality of the vacation trumps the cost of getting there. If you go to Potholes be sure to bring a GPS as there are all these sand islands and if you get in far enough it would be difficult to find your way out without a lot of driving and there is usually no one to get directions from.
    I did a houseboat trip on Rosevelt once. It was quite memorable as we were on the houseboat during the 9/11/01 attacks. It was a blast aside from the obvious sobering events. and we got lots and lots of water time, but honestly the water was a little too cold to really enjoy just swimming... And our friends that rented the houseboat definitely lost money as we didn't "fill" it with people. So they absorbed the excess cost. It made it a ton more comfy though.

I guess I'm probably at the point where our vacation time and money is still at enough of a premium that I'm second guessing the need to travel... Maybe that will change.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by trayson View Post
    What am I missing?
    The memories, photos, experiance ....
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Margarita Tie Dye Parties...
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    The memories, photos, experiance ....
    I guess so. Although one of my most memorable days was right here near home and ended with stopping at my buddy's houseboat, picking up a couple more ladies, and cruising to a floating restaurant on the river and having a fantastic happy hour...

Don't get me wrong, I've DONE week long boating vacations at Lake Billy Chinook, Brownlee Reservoir and Lake Rosevelt. I'm just questioning whether it makes sense for me to do it when I've got so much at my disposal locally...
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Margarita Tie Dye Parties...
    Is this close enough? It does involve a Sombrerro afterall!

www.TraysonsToybox.com

Default Boating Vacations in Central OR (Surf/Wake/Ski/Camp/etc)

-Jake

Default Boating Vacations in Central OR (Surf/Wake/Ski/Camp/etc)

-Jake